Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Group Ring Sequential and handling a second call

Posted 05-24-2019 11:53
    I've got a customer that is setting up several Group Call Enabled groups, with Sequential group ring. They are asking if we can disable or prevent the situation where if the first (or any other sequential group members) are on a call and another second call rings to them, if we can prevent it from alerting in their user interface. Right now I think that user is just going to have to ignore the second incoming call. Can the Group Ring Sequential "skip" to the next users if a previous sequence user is in a Busy condition?
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Greg Beal
    ConvergeOne

• 2.  RE: Group Ring Sequential and handling a second call

GENESYS
    Posted 05-28-2019 08:09
    Group ring alerting currently follows the same rule as direct inbound call to a user, which allows for multiple call appearances whenever the user is on available/alertable status. I suggest reaching out to one of the product/sales managers and submit this as a feature enhancement request.

Tony Jamero
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Group Ring Sequential and handling a second call

GENESYS
    Posted 06-06-2019 09:57
    Hi Greg,

PureCloud expert @George Ganahl gives a full analysis of your question in the most recent episode of the PureCloud Community Q&A Show. Hope this helps!
    ​​​

Cole Callahan
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Group Ring Sequential and handling a second call

GENESYS
    Posted 06-06-2019 13:14
    Hey, Greg, I just did some experimentation. I verified that if I change my status to a "Busy" status (red ring) while on a Group call, I do not get alerted when a second call comes into the group.

As a side note, "Away" status does not prevent you from getting calls...so a "red ring" status is best. That said, Break, Meal and Training statuses do work to prevent the second call as well. Away is the only odd one that doesn't prevent a call (by design).

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Group Ring Sequential and handling a second call

Posted 06-06-2019 15:05

Thanks George I will pass that workaround on to the customer. I saw you mention it in that Community Q&A video. Not ideal but they might appreciate it. I did submit it to the Ideas Lab to get a fix for that.

Greg Beal

ConvergeOne, Inc

317-876-6564

gbeal@convergeone.com

• 6.  RE: Group Ring Sequential and handling a second call

Posted 06-10-2019 11:32
      |   view attached
    I have found the same issue for an individual (person). The status is not changing automatically to "Busy" while in a phone call (either incoming or outgoing).

I have opened an idea for this, may be it can be taken into account covering these two issues reported (Group Call and Individual Call - Person Status no changing automatically to Busy while being on call).

https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLCOLL-I-317

May be anyone can help us voting this new idea to have this taken into account in the near future.

Thanks

Regards

Jorge Negri

• 7.  RE: Group Ring Sequential and handling a second call

Posted 06-10-2019 12:14
    Got my vote. I'm having the same issue.... agents on ACD calls are being interrupted by the Group calls that they're in.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 8.  RE: Group Ring Sequential and handling a second call

Posted 04-27-2023 00:29

Hi @George GanahlApologies for deviating from the original topic. We have a kind of a similar situation where the customer wants to use the Group calling with Rotary Call Route Type. And when someone calls the group number, the call rings the users even of they are offline. Is there a way that the call can only ring the available users? 

Thanks in advance
    Dhanalakshmi Vasudevan

Dhanalakshmi Vasudevan
    Global Speech Networks Pty Ltd (Australia)

• 9.  RE: Group Ring Sequential and handling a second call

Posted 04-27-2023 01:45

I have actually came across another thread where it was mentioned that assigning of default phone is the reason why it rings even if the user is offline.

Thanks & Regards
    Dhanalakshmi Vasudevan

Dhanalakshmi Vasudevan
    Global Speech Networks Pty Ltd (Australia)

• 10.  RE: Group Ring Sequential and handling a second call

GENESYS
    Posted 04-27-2023 12:17

That was going to be my response, yes...that when a user has a Default Phone configured the feature is to ring that phone when they are offline.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), CCXP
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources