Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Concurrent license

• 1.  Concurrent license

Posted 07-03-2018 02:42
    Hi

Can anyone please explain how concurrent licenses work on Purecloud as compared to Pureconnect ?

I have checked the Resource page and not much info available there.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Mohammed Cassim
    Pivotal Data (Pty) Ltd

• 2.  RE: Concurrent license
    Best Answer

Posted 07-03-2018 03:58
    Hi Mohammed
    We opted for concurrent licensing I have up to about 100 users from Administrators to Agents.
    Agents who go "On-Queue" and exceed more than 30 minutes simultaneously are billed depending on the peak amount of agents.

As Genesys do not support a blended user billing we opted for concurrent based around the nature of the call center being shift work.
    On average monthly charges its rather impressive to operate such functions for a call center is relatively cheap.

Named users on the other hand i suspect are billed no matter what and this type of billing maybe far more expensive

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 3.  RE: Concurrent license

Posted 07-03-2018 04:03
    Hi Darryn

Thanks for the info.

So basically the concurrent part takes effect once an agent goes onqueue status ?

Regards,

Mohammed Cassim
    Pivotal Data (Pty) Ltd

• 4.  RE: Concurrent license

Posted 07-03-2018 21:27
    Correct for example last month although we have 90 agents across a blended environment of Inbound and Outbound. At peak period the maximum users were 24. Given we also operate 2 customer self service IVR services it was only the 24 agents that were charged as it exceeded the 30 minute "On-queue" period in a month.

I have found that concurrent licensing far better as far as cost goes, think about those periods if applicable to your organisation when there is a need for reduced capacity lets say holiday periods. If your business practice is to reduce the workflow for such periods then of course your billing charges for that month may potentially be reduced as you have less agents on-queue.

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 5.  RE: Concurrent license

GENESYS ADVISOR
    Posted 09-21-2018 10:46
    Hello Mohammed,

Concurrent is a license that can essentially be shared. These licenses are invoiced based on the peak number of users active on the platform within a billing cycle. For example, if a customer has agents who work in consecutive shifts, i.e. 1st shift works 6am-3pm, 2nd shift works 3pm-12am, then they can use concurrent licenses because only part of the workforce is active on the platform at any given time, and this saves the customer money.

I hope this helps too.

Marie Grace Delos Santos
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Concurrent license

Posted 10-15-2018 18:53
    So how do you identify concurrent licences?
    We have seen a large increase in our billing cycle. We only have 16 agents but can see we get billed for 19,20,21 +

Lee Jacques
    Turners Group NZ Limited

• 7.  RE: Concurrent license

Posted 10-16-2018 20:18
    I wonder if its to do with the amount of sessions connected.
    For example if you open more than 1 browser window but login twice on 2 screens.
    Plus considering that using the to close off Purecloud but not necessarily logging out the correct way, I wonder if this has an effect on how the concurrent users are calculated at peak period.

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 8.  RE: Concurrent license

Posted 05-29-2020 03:38
    HI Darren, an old topic but did you ever find clarification around your thought here?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 9.  RE: Concurrent license

Posted 01-16-2020 07:11
    Hi Marie Grace
    I found on the knowledge base that there is a report for concurrent users for Purecloud - see at bottom of the following article 
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/purecloud-pricing-and-concurrency-update/
    But When i look into my report section although I'm admin for all our divisions I can't find that report 
    https://apps.mypurecloud.de/directory/#/engage/reports/new
    Any tip to get to that report ?
    tx in advance 
    Renaud Larcier
    Purecloud admin since a few months only :-)

renaud larcier
    Travelport

• 10.  RE: Concurrent license

Posted 01-16-2020 07:25
    I found in the meantime another threaad where this was explained 

Did you check the Reports under   Admin --> Subscription   and then "Download Usage Report" ?
    Sorry

renaud larcier
    Travelport

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources