Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Why would I Archive a Recording?

Posted 03-09-2018 15:02
    Why would I archive a recording?

What are the decision factors that would prompt me to make a Recording Policy that archives recordings after a period of time? 

I'd assume it would be less expensive or clear some limit, but I cannot find any details. I asked one of our PureCloud sales engineers, he had pricing on different user license related monthly amounts and storage limits/overcharges, but nothing on archiving. I can't find any specifics on Resource Center.

n2CZ4n5VT1aA239idOLa_Archive1.JPG

------------------------------
    Greg Beal
    ConvergeOne

• 2.  RE: Why would I Archive a Recording?

Posted 03-16-2018 10:45
    Hi Greg,
    The usage based billing you mention does not apply to recordings that are archived.  Keep in mind that the per user free storage allotment is very generous, however if you have a high volume of recordings that you want to retain for long periods of time - and don't need instant access to them you might want to consider archiving them.  
    More on archiving here Retrieve archived interactions - PureCloud Resource Center
    PureCloud Resource Center remove preview
    Retrieve archived interactions - PureCloud Resource Center
    You can create a policy to move specific types of interactions to [More]
    View this on PureCloud Resource Center >

Hope this helps.

Lesley Vereen
    Sr Product Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Why would I Archive a Recording?

Posted 10-11-2018 16:10
    Hello Lesley

Please may I ask if the archived recordings follow the PureCloud 36 month (audio) and 12 month (video) retention period as well?

Samuel Polgar
    CVT (Global) Pty Ltd

• 4.  RE: Why would I Archive a Recording?

Posted 08-08-2019 09:23
    Hi Sam,
    I'm sorry I somehow missed your question so many months ago.  Hopefully you already found an answer - but if not I wanted to make sure you're aware of a couple of things.  First that archived recordings are not included in the data storage calculation, and also that the terms of retention were revised I believe last December or January.   As stated here in the Resource Center:  https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/data-storage-usage/ .    
    Genesys allows data to be retained on its platforms for the term of the PureCloud Agreement with Genesys. If you exceed your provided allocation as outlined on this page, you will be billed for storage.

Retention for screen recording remains at 365 days as noted in the Resource Center article about creating Policies 
     https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-recording-policy/

Again - my apologies for a late response to your question.
    Lesley

Lesley Vereen
    Sr Product Manager - PureCloud
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Why would I Archive a Recording?

Posted 08-08-2019 05:23
    Hi Lesley,

It´s very useful in order to ensure the availability of the recordings but we need to know if there is any storage limitation for archieved recordings, could you help us?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Carlos Camacho Jimenez
    Team Vision S. A.

• 6.  RE: Why would I Archive a Recording?

Posted 08-08-2019 09:33
    Hi Carlos,
    There is not a storage limitation for archived recordings.  There are a couple of things to keep in mind however.  Archived recordings can take several hours to retrieve - so archiving would best be used for recordings you must retain - but no longer need quick access too.  Also - you can only retrieve up to 10 archived recordings at a time.. There's a good explanation here in the Resource Center. https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/retrieve-archived-interactions/

Hope that helps,
    Lesley

Lesley Vereen
    Sr Product Manager - PureCloud
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Why would I Archive a Recording?

Posted 08-09-2019 04:34
    Thank you very much Lesley, we will take account of this.

BR
    Carlos

Carlos Camacho Jimenez
    Team Vision S. A.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources