PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Keeping DID calls internal

Posted 02-06-2019 09:26
    This looks to be normal behavior but wanted to verify. If an internal  user calls one of our DID numbers, that call goes out of the system and then comes back as an external call. Is there a configuration setting that can be set to have outbound calls check the DID tables before going out, or would that have to be done through a custom handler? 

I know i could build a dialplan entry, but our DID's do not match our extensions, so it would be building out an entry for each DID which isn't feasible.

Thank you
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Outbound
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: Keeping DID calls internal

Posted 02-06-2019 09:38
    Definitely normal behavior - no parameter that I'm aware of - the custom handler shouldn't be too hard though - you've got the DID/DNIS routing tool - it should be nice and compact and fit right into one of the system customization points.  

You might consider making this a feature request as well seems like a lot of sites could use something like this.

Jason Loucks
    Agon Consulting Services

• 3.  RE: Keeping DID calls internal

Posted 02-06-2019 10:32
    The system is "dumb" when it comes to phone numbers. It does not know that you want to keep some phone numbers internally because they are DIDs but it is easy enough to get this behavior in dial plan. You just need to create a dial plan entry with a list which contains all of your DIDs and then change the category to intercom and the calls will stay internal. Only thing is if the DIDs don't match the user's extension the system may not map them back automatically. You would probably need to create an individual entry for each DID in dial plan to achieve this or as Jason suggests a quick handler should be able to accomplish this as well.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 4.  RE: Keeping DID calls internal

Posted 02-06-2019 11:06
    Yeah, this is one of the reasons to have your DIDs "match" your extensions. If they don't, then it's going to be a handler, I'm afraid.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources