PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Emergency Toggle across sites

• 1.  Emergency Toggle across sites

Posted 08-29-2018 03:55
    Hi 

In attendant I've configured a node for the emergency toggle. Can anyone share how I separate out the emergency toggle to apply to different buildings. I.E. If one building goes down the emergency toggle doesn't shut the telephone lines for the other building.

Kind regards

------------------------------
    Mark

• 2.  RE: Emergency Toggle across sites

Posted 08-29-2018 14:06
    By "Emergency Toggle" I assume you mean an unplanned schedule in Attendant?

If so, create three profiles. Your main one, which does what you want and can be the target of a transfer and then two more, one for each building.

Configure the two additional profiles for the DNISs or gateway lines or whatever you need to "know" which building the call is coming in to.

In each of these profiles, create your unplanned schedule for that building and have the default schedule just transfer to the main profile.

In these extra profiles, take out all of the prompts and delays.

I haven't tested this, but it should work.

HTH

• 3.  RE: Emergency Toggle across sites

Posted 08-30-2018 04:19
    Thanks Paul - I'll give that a try...

Mark Oleksik

• 4.  RE: Emergency Toggle across sites

Posted 08-30-2018 08:30
    The method I typically use is to create system schedules for unplanned closures and link them to the appropriate Attendant schedules, but leave them deactivated until they are needed. This allows a one-to-many relationship where one system schedule can close multiple Attendant call flows.

These closures can easily be activated in Administrator, but I usually create a simple custom handler application to allow them to also be activated over the phone.

David Currier
    cpi.solutions

• 5.  RE: Emergency Toggle across sites

Posted 08-30-2018 08:53

We had Genesys create a handler for us back in 2014 when we were first installing it – we have a table in Administrator where we can add workgroup or campaign, site name etc., with a 4 digit PIN associated with it.

In the attendant flow we call the handler and add a setting for the campaign, or for the whole site.

We can then call in to a specific number, enter a PIN and close either a campaign or the whole site.

Regards

Philip Last

Business Intelligence Manager

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Arvato CRM Solutions, UK & Ireland

Phoenix One
    59-63 Farnham Road

Slough

SL1 3TN

www.arvato.co.uk

philip.last@arvato.co.uk

Mobile: +44 (0)791 724 3236

Description: <a href=image001.png@01D131C8.6FC88ED0">

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.

Registered company details: Arvato Limited, One Fleet Place, London, EC4M 7WS. Registration number: 03923307 (England & Wales).

• 6.  RE: Emergency Toggle across sites

Posted 08-31-2018 03:39
    Hi Philip

This is exactly what I am after. I'm set up in the same manner however when entering the pin number it shuts the systems capability to receive calls across all business sites.

Can you share any further specific detail on your approach. What you've mentioned is essentially what I need but as I am only a few weeks into Genesys I'm finding my feet and haven't yet figured out this problem!

Approach your contribution.

Mark

Mark Oleksik

• 7.  RE: Emergency Toggle across sites

Posted 09-25-2018 06:20
    Hi Paul

One further question on your response.

Does it matter if there are multiple lines coming into each of the buildings?

Mark Oleksik

• 8.  RE: Emergency Toggle across sites

Posted 09-25-2018 22:39
    It shouldn't, no. Just configure the Profile for the lines / line groups for that building.

• 9.  RE: Emergency Toggle across sites
    Best Answer

Posted 09-28-2018 04:09
    Hi All,

Paul's suggestion is great if each building has it's own trunk as you can intercept calls at trunk level in attendant.

If that's not the case you either have to intercept at profile level (what can be very time consuming) or create a table or, set a parameter in IA to close either site and in each profile check this parameter during opening times.

You would be able to also create a profile you can dial into and change this setting by phone. As this might be usefull in case your building is on fire where you administer the open/close from and is the same building that need closure (Emergency procedures).

I have neither setup yet but personally would go for the latter option.

Ruud Reinold

Telecom Service Manager
    Arrow Global UK

• 10.  RE: Emergency Toggle across sites

Posted 09-28-2018 04:44
    Thanks gents. If anyone has anything to contribute please let me know as I'm considering all options at the moment.

Mark Oleksik

• 11.  RE: Emergency Toggle across sites

Posted 09-28-2018 11:34
    Hi Ruud - I should have mentioned, there aren't separate trunks in play in my scenario unfortunately whic I'm finding a little more challenging as a consequence.

Mark Oleksik

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources