PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Automatically Activating\disactivating users base on specific skill level from a Workgroup

• 1.  Automatically Activating\disactivating users base on specific skill level from a Workgroup

Posted 04-16-2018 22:03

Dear Community,

I am new with PureConnect and I am trying to understand the options available compare to those available in Pure Engaged platform. In Pure Engaged platform, from time to time there are requirements to overflow  ( I guess they call it bullseye routing here at PureConnect) based on statistics for other queues. for example the requirement for Customer service queue may be to target Sales agents as well after 60 second of waiting in queue but only if there are more than 2 available agents in  Sales. I know you can have a custom ACD with custom handlers with bullseye routing that reduce the skill level and you can program it to only reduce it only when the statistic conditions are true. But you have to constantly check the condition and keep on reducing or increasing the skill level base on the stats. This is not very dynamic. I was thinking I can use some thing automated like add a alarm for the statistic in question and set a trigger alarm to initiate a custom handler. In this new handler I use the lookup list extended to look up all the available agent with skill level of 5  and then use workgroup agent activate \deactivate for the agents in the list.

do you guys see any issue with this process? Has anyone done anything like this or perhaps there is a custom handler that already does this?

Do you see any pros or cons for this method?

------------------------------
    Kamyar Yazdani
    Aria Solutions

• 2.  RE: Automatically Activating\disactivating users base on specific skill level from a Workgroup

Posted 04-17-2018 08:17
    This is an interesting solution that I believe would work fine (though I haven't tested it). Most bulls-eye routing scenarios I've built were time or availability-based. You may also want to consider the mechanism that would be used to deactivate users - automatic vs. manual.

David Currier
    Communications Products, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Automatically Activating\disactivating users base on specific skill level from a Workgroup

GENESYS
    Posted 04-17-2018 09:17
    What you are doing is not what we would call "Bullseye Routing" in PureConnect or PureCloud, but that's just semantics.

Professional Services has a Bullseye Routing package which they sell. The idea is to have a group of agents that are the main target for the interactions (the "bullseye" group). If no agents are available there withing a specified number of seconds, the interaction criteria are adjusted to include a second group of agents (first "ring"). A specified number of seconds later, it modifies the interaction criteria to include a second "ring" of agents. And so on.

Your solution should work.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Automatically Activating\disactivating users base on specific skill level from a Workgroup

Posted 04-17-2018 12:02
    thank you for your Comments. I am using the following in the lookup list extended, but I am getting no results back when i have at least one users with this skill
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Key: User

Attribute type: "Skills"

Sort Lists by value: False

Value to use in search: "Desktop_CustomerService_GenInq_English|50|1||"

Perform Leading substring comparison: No

Perform case insensitive comparison: yes

Compare based on keypad mappings: no

[Note that these inputs expect lists of strings or booleans, but this shows commas for display purposes.]

Filter columns: "Workgroups" /// These are the DS user attributes to search

Filter Values: "Workgroup Queue:CustomCustomerService_Other_English" /// These are the attribute values to match

Filter Types: True, ///

Kamyar Yazdani
    Aria Solutions

• 5.  RE: Automatically Activating\disactivating users base on specific skill level from a Workgroup

Posted 04-17-2018 12:29
    To lookup the lists of skills assigned to users, add a Lookup List toolstep, and configure...
    Inputs
    • Key Type: "User"
    • Attribute Type: "Skills"
    Outputs
    • Key Type: lsUsers
    • Attribute Value: lsSkills

David Currier
    Communications Products, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Automatically Activating\disactivating users base on specific skill level from a Workgroup

Posted 04-17-2018 12:42
    I want to look for agents in a specific workgroup and specific skill  and skill level

Kamyar Yazdani
    Aria Solutions

• 7.  RE: Automatically Activating\disactivating users base on specific skill level from a Workgroup
    Best Answer

Posted 04-17-2018 15:40
    Just wondering if there are more than one skill assigned to the agent. In that case skill entry would look like the one given below.

ABC|1|1||XYZ|1|1||PQR|80|1||QQQ|1|1||

And the you have to set "Use Regular Expression for Lookup" to true and use regex like the one given below.

(.*)XYZ\|1\|1\|\|(.*)

Rijeesh Chathoth
    Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

• 8.  RE: Automatically Activating\disactivating users base on specific skill level from a Workgroup

Posted 04-17-2018 15:57
    Thanks Raiees,
    I have been trying to reply to these treats, but overtime I type Asterisk it fezzes the window :)  so i was able to more past one isue with your suggestion. but is there a way to also use regular expressions or escape char in the filter columns as well?
    for example I want to be able get users with "CustomCustomerService_Other_English" work group even if their have other workgroups like below combination:

"CustomCustomerService_Other_English|CustomCustomerService_Returns_English|Sales|Tech Support|Tech_Support_Bilingual"

I try the regular expression and it did not work.

Read more: What is this symbol called, " *"? - I forgot its name, trying to explain it to someone :: Ask Me Fast at http://www.askmefast.com/What_is_this_symbol_called__-qna2242891.html#q3264603

Kamyar Yazdani
    Aria Solutions

• 9.  RE: Automatically Activating\disactivating users base on specific skill level from a Workgroup

Posted 04-17-2018 17:04
    Filters use list variables not regex. To filters users with a particular work-group you need to create three lista and apply to respective fields and it should work.

Filter Columns - List of strings with value "Workgroups"
    Values - List of strings with value "CustomCustomerService_Other_English"
    Filter Types - List of boolean with value "True"

Hope this helps.

Rijeesh Chathoth

• 10.  RE: Automatically Activating\disactivating users base on specific skill level from a Workgroup

Posted 04-17-2018 19:56
    that would work for agents that are the members of that work group only. if agent is member of more workgroup. the Workgroups will be something like workgroup1|Workgroup2|... and filtering for workgroup1 will not include these agents that belong to other workgroups as well.

Kamyar Yazdani
    Aria Solutions

• 11.  RE: Automatically Activating\disactivating users base on specific skill level from a Workgroup

Posted 04-17-2018 23:19
    In that <g class="gr_ gr_12 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="12" data-gr-id="12">case</g> you may need another step. You can use 'Get Ds Attr' tool step pointing at
    ${CONFIG}\\Workgroups\\WorkgroupName with attribute 'Users' which should give all users as a list in a workgroup.
    Then use 'Merge List Strings' tool to intersect this list with the previous list of skilled users.
    That should give you the list of users with particular skill in your workgroup.

Rijeesh Chathoth

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources