PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Sticky routing implementation using Interaction Attendant

Posted 05-01-2019 04:59
    Hi,

I have a requirement to implement Sticky routing scenario at one of our customer sites.  

The scenario is >>>

Customer calls (Toll-free/DID) to reach the contact center and the customer starts his interaction with some agent, for instance, Agent1 and completes his call for the first time. 

Now again when the same customer calls, he/she should be routed to Agent1 with whom he interacted in the previous call.

If Agent1 is available then route calls to Agent1 else route the call in HuntBased/Round Robin method to next available agent.

Is it possible to access Interaction history records?  i.e. Whom did caller last spoke to? Can we access this record through DB operation in Interaction Attendant and get the agent details.  Once the required information is retrieved from Database then route the call to the last spoken agent if available, if not then route the call to next available agent.

Is it possible to achieve this through Interaction Attendant?

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Rajneesh Patel

• 2.  RE: Sticky routing implementation using Interaction Attendant

Posted 05-02-2019 06:10
    Hi Rajneesh,

This have to be implemented using handlers. We did this for several customers and created a package for this. This package uses the data from the database to look for the last agent and routes to call to the target workgroup but reserves the last agent for the call if available. Or waits for a limited time for this agent. Nice thing is that we route the call always to the workgroup so ACD features and statistics are not affected by this process.

Please let me know if you are interested so I can provide you with a more detailed description.

Edward de Wit
    3Fiftynine B.V.

• 3.  RE: Sticky routing implementation using Interaction Attendant

Posted 05-02-2019 07:29
    Hi Edward,

Is this requirement,  achievable through Interaction Attendant?
    As of now, I am able to retrieve Last spoken agent through DB operation from Interaction Attendant but now how do I route calls on the basis of the availability of the agent.

Regards,
    Rajneesh.  

Rajneesh Patel
    AGC Networks

• 4.  RE: Sticky routing implementation using Interaction Attendant

Posted 05-06-2019 01:12
    Hi Rajneesh,

When you have retrieved the agent from the database, you can transfer the call to this agent using the Agent Transfer operation in the Attendant. But this is not ACD routing anymore, so from statistical/reporting perceptive this is not a very nice solution and you also have to take care of the overflow in case the agent doesn't or can't answer the phone.

So for a good solution you have to arrange something in handlers. We did this by using ACD categories to reserve the preferred agent for that call when transferring the call to the ACD queue.

Edward de Wit
    3Fiftynine B.V.

• 5.  RE: Sticky routing implementation using Interaction Attendant

Posted 05-06-2019 02:07
    I)f you want preserve statistics you can use the autocategory feature to assign every Agent a category, then set category as routing condition on the incoming call, wait e.g. 3 seconds and then remove category as routing condition.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 6.  RE: Sticky routing implementation using Interaction Attendant

Posted 05-06-2019 02:12
    That is actually what we did. We made the 3 seconds (time to wait for agent) configurable on the workgroup level and also check if the agent is logged in, activated and so on to avoid unnecessary waiting in queue which has negative effect on the service level.

Edward de Wit
    3Fiftynine B.V.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources