PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Different Dialtone internal/external

Posted 08-14-2018 10:35
    In germany it is normal to play an internal dialtone if the user picks up the receiver to start a call.
    When he press "0" to initiate an external call, the dialtone changes from the internal tone to the normal german dialtone.
    It is possible using two different dialtones with CIC (Pure Connect)?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 2.  RE: Different Dialtone internal/external

Posted 08-15-2018 04:03
    Hi Andreas,

In PureConnect you don't have to dial 0 for an outside line, by default. Or do you have some customization to do that?

The dialtone you will hear when you pick up the phone is generated by the phone itself. You can add this single 0 to the dialplan of the phone so it directly sets up a call so PureConnect can take over  control of the call. In this case you are able to play a different dialtone to the caller. This is a customization.

Edward de Wit
    3Fiftynine B.V.

• 3.  RE: Different Dialtone internal/external

Posted 08-15-2018 09:30
    Edited by Mark Tatera 08-15-2018 09:33
    I haven't looked into it much but assuming you are using a Polycom phone I believe you can change the dial tone frequency to match the internal dial tone frequency you are looking for. You will have to play around with the override files assuming this is a managed phone, unless Genesys has the Polycom dial tone parameters exposed somewhere.

I'm completely ignorant as to how things work in Germany. I should probably add that over here in the US a large number of companies are use to the whole having to dial 9 to get an outside line. Genesys has an advanced dial plan so you don't have to dial 9 and instead you can just dial the internal extension or an external number and the phone system takes care of the rest. A lot of customers don't like this and request dial plan be modified so you still can dial 9 before the external number verses retraining their employees to not need the 9 anymore. Is it possible you have a similar situation where the other systems have this limitation and you are trying to make the Genesys system emulate the other systems as a comfort thing?

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 4.  RE: Different Dialtone internal/external

Posted 09-07-2018 02:08
    It seems it is verry difficult to implement this. The 1st Problem is, that on the "Managed IP Phone" Settings I can only change the "Regional Tonseset", but not the dialtone individually. Has anyone an idea where can I set this parameter?

Thanks

Andreas Tikart

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 5.  RE: Different Dialtone internal/external

Posted 09-10-2018 16:06
    Check this article out: [FAQ] How can I change my Dial Tone or Call Progress Tones to sound like my local Dial Tone? 

What you want to do is doable, from a Polycom point of view - the question will be whether it's doable in the Managed Phone model of PureConnect.

Let us know how you get on!

Paul Crick
    O2E Brands Inc

• 6.  RE: Different Dialtone internal/external

Posted 09-17-2018 04:21
    The solution is:
    1. Create a file with custom dialtone config and place it in C:\I3\IC\Provision\Polycom (depends on Install-Dir)
    2. Change Dialmap (Polcom Managed IP Phone Advanced Options), e.g. add "0,x.T". The"," is the pace where the secondary dialtone should be played
    3. Use the Managed IP Phone custom property "CUSTOM::override" to point to the new config-file.
    Note: Using "CUSTOM::config-files" as described in the documentation is not working because in this case the config-file is loaded to late in the boot process.

Example for Germany:
    <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
    <polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="polycomConfig.xsd">

<se>
    <se.pat>
    <se.pat.callProg>

<se.pat.callProg.dialTone>
    <se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst
    se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.param="250" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.type="chord" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.value="dialTone"
    se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.param="" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.type="silence" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.value="250"
    se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.param="250" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.type="chord" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.value="dialTone"
    se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.param="" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.type="silence" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.value="250"
    se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.param="250" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.type="chord" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.value="dialTone"
    se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.6.param="" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.6.type="silence" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.6.value="750"
    se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.7.type="branch" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.7.value="-6" />
    </se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst>
    </se.pat.callProg.dialTone>

<se.pat.callProg.secondaryDialTone se.pat.callProg.secondaryDialTone.name="secondary dial">
    <se.pat.callProg.secondaryDialTone.inst
    se.pat.callProg.secondaryDialTone.inst.1.type="chord" se.pat.callProg.secondaryDialTone.inst.1.value="spare1"
    se.pat.callProg.secondaryDialTone.inst.2.type="" se.pat.callProg.secondaryDialTone.inst.2.value="" />
    </se.pat.callProg.secondaryDialTone.inst>
    </se.pat.callProg.secondaryDialTone>

</se.pat.callProg>
    </se.pat>
    </se>

<tone>
    <tone.chord>

<tone.chord.callProg>
    <tone.chord.callProg.busyTone>
    <tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.freq tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.freq.1="425" tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.freq.2="425" />
    <tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.level tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.level.1="-20" tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.level.2="-20" />
    </tone.chord.callProg.busyTone>
    <tone.chord.callProg.dialTone>
    <tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.freq tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.freq.1="425" tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.freq.2="425" />
    <tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.level tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.level.1="-12" tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.level.2="-12" />
    </tone.chord.callProg.dialTone>
    <tone.chord.callProg.ringback tone.chord.callProg.ringback.onDur="1000">
    <tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq.1="425" tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq.2="425" />
    <tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level.1="-20" tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level.2="-20" />
    </tone.chord.callProg.ringback>
    </tone.chord.callProg>

<tone.chord.callProg.spare1 tone.chord.callProg.spare1.offDur="0" tone.chord.callProg.spare1.onDur="0" tone.chord.callProg.spare1.repeat="0">
    <tone.chord.callProg.spare1.freq tone.chord.callProg.spare1.freq.1="425" tone.chord.callProg.spare1.freq.2="425" />
    <tone.chord.callProg.spare1.level tone.chord.callProg.spare1.level.1="-12" tone.chord.callProg.spare1.level.2="-12" />
    </tone.chord.callProg.spare1>

</tone.chord>
    </tone>

</polycomConfig>

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources