Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interval reports

Posted 10-22-2018 01:44
    ​Hi

Is anyone able to tell me how to create a report that shows call numbers by 30 minute intervals aggregated over a period of time eg a month. I can only find the Queue Metrics Interval Report which gives a day by day breakdown of calls in each interval. This will require a lot of manipulation to produce an overall report showing our busiest times over a period of time.

Any help is appreciated.

Ann

------------------------------
    Ann Wright
    AUSTRALIAN INDUSTRY GROUP

• 2.  RE: Interval reports

GENESYS
    Posted 10-22-2018 10:16
    Ann,

If the Queue Metrics Interval report does not show the data the way you need it, then I think your only option (from the Reports container) would be the Queue Metrics Interval Export report runs as XLXS format, save it and manipulate that data to get the view you want.

Otherwise, you would need to create a custom report by pulling data through the API, or working with a solution like eMite or PureInsights to get a custom view of the data (both found in appfoundry.genesys.com).

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Interval reports

Posted 10-22-2018 22:47
    Thank you for your help, I was hoping for a quicker way that manifpulating the data is excel. What do you mean "Pulling data through the API". Is this something I can do?

Ann Wright

• 4.  RE: Interval reports

GENESYS
    Posted 10-22-2018 23:08
    The PureCloud Application programming Interface (API) is documented at developer.mypurecloud.com and you would need to have familiarity with web-based application programming to take advantage of it (Python/Node.js/Javascript/Ruby/etc.)

The particular area you would be interested in is Analytics https://developer.mypurecloud.com/api/rest/v2/analytics/index.html

There is a bit of an overview at https://developer.mypurecloud.com/api/rest/v2/analytics/overview.html

The apps I mentioned on AppFoundry use that API to pull information from PureCloud and display it.

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Interval reports

Posted 10-23-2018 01:05
    Thank you very much George - don't suppose you could help me with my hold music question please?

Ann Wright

• 6.  RE: Interval reports

Posted 11-16-2018 17:36

Thanks, George, for your detailed answers.  I suppose it's not diplomatic to say "No, we can't do that," but at this point, it seems to me that PureCloud does not have reporting coverage to provide a report with metrics like the below?

Phone Number

Date

Time (CST)

Caller ID

Minutes

Direction

Line

Area Code

State

Country

800-339-7629

January 14, 2018

08:00:03 AM

812-212-3739

Inbound

KOD

IN

US

I actually haven't found a report that can simply deliver all incoming phone numbers and total minutes on phone for each day.  Is there something I'm missing?

Harley Breth
    PCOG

• 7.  RE: Interval reports

GENESYS
    Posted 11-16-2018 17:56
    @Harley Breth when it began, PureCloud was designed to be less feature-rich than Interaction Center (our mainline product at the ​time). The target was smaller businesses that didn't require all the features and longer implementation times and expense of the IC platform. So, we didn't concentrate on things like a bunch of different "out-of-the-box" reports, but instead concentrated on getting everything in the AWS cloud with a very flexible Application Programming Interface (API) that our partners and customers could use to write custom client-side applications.

We are now expanding the feature set, but we are concentrating more heavily on dynamic views and dashboards rather than canned reports. In the coming months you will see custom dashboards. More of the views will have export to .csv capability as soon as the details get sorted out. Not so much on reports, but they won't be as necessary with the new views.

The API will still be the main route for custom reports and extracting just the data you want from Analytics. 

So, really, "Yes, we do that," strictly speaking. But only if you have the skills to write the applications to draw it out.

(Or you work with PureInsights or eMite to get what you want)

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys

• 8.  RE: Interval reports

GENESYS
    Posted 11-17-2018 03:51
    As mentioned we are working on providing.CSV exports of all the Views including the Interactions view. I believe that this should be able to provide the information you are seeking. I would like to see this available early in 2019. We have on-going enhancements that we are making and should have greater insight on timing by our Q1 roadmap update. 

Thanks,
    Don

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Interval reports

GENESYS
    Posted 10-23-2018 11:21
    You can also export from the Queue Performance View, but for 30 mins increments the export has to be at a day level.  If you want to do weekly or monthly exports you can export those at a day or week level.

Darlene Oordt
    Sr Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Interval reports

Posted 10-23-2018 22:14
    I notice that the API doesn't appear to have any option to (GET) download an XLS, or PDF of a scheduled metrics reports already run.

Is this possible?

p.s API knowledge newbie :)

Lee Jacques
    Turners Group NZ Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources