Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Group Voicemail from IVR with no ringing

• 1.  Group Voicemail from IVR with no ringing

Posted 06-22-2017 16:03

At the end of an IVR in-queue flow need to provide an option to leave voicemail. That's simple. However, need to send the voicemail to a group.

However, since we know that no one is available (for one reason or another, possibly just not being assigned on-queue at the moment) to answer the call. Therefore, we need to have no phones ring and the caller to go directly to the group voicemail. How can this be accomplished since you can't set the rotation value to zero (bypass the ring rotation) if voicemail is set.

The new group ringing documentation offers some semblance of hope, but does not define what an "official member" of a group is ("Only official members of the group receive group ring calls. ... .").

Is there a good solution?

• 2.  RE: Group Voicemail from IVR with no ringing

GENESYS
    Posted 06-22-2017 16:16

Official Members expanded definition: "Only official members of the group will be rung as part of the group ring or can access VM as part of the group. This means that users who are "@ mentioned" or +invited to a group chat for the group are not rung as part of the group ring nor can they access VM unless they are also officially added as a member of the group by a Group Admin."

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to go immediately to voicemail without ringing phones if any of the group members is alertable. Perhaps someone else knows...I'll ask around.

• 3.  RE: Group Voicemail from IVR with no ringing

Posted 06-22-2017 16:53

Thanks. Just amazed there is no way to create a group based on rules or static assignment that excludes users from a group ring for voicemail delivery out of a call flow. That is, short of making all your group members owners of the group (which creates it's own set of issues).

A step in overcoming this would be an Architect step to send the caller directly to voicemail for the group. That isn't an option in either Transfer to Group or Transfer to Voicemail.

This overlooks that you are required to assign a DID to the group. If the purpose of the voicemail mailbox is the terminal option in a call flow, a DID access option is generally unnecessary and unwanted. I suppose you could start assigning DID in +1 NPA-555 01XX to overcome the DID assignment. It should work for the NANPA but you could be hosed where there are not similar fictitious number provisions.

• 4.  RE: Group Voicemail from IVR with no ringing

GENESYS
    Posted 06-22-2017 16:57

I suggest you contact Support and submit an official enhancement request for the functionality you would like to see, with the business case for it. That will get valuable information to Product Management in a way that can be tracked to you.

• 5.  RE: Group Voicemail from IVR with no ringing

GENESYS
    Posted 06-22-2017 21:51

A developer gave me a way to accomplish this without ringing any phones. Not intuitive, but it worked great in my org.

1. Use an Update Data action to create a new variable (e.g. Task.VMGroup) and assign it the group you want using the group literal picker.
    2. At the point in your In-queue Call Flow where you want to send it to voicemail, add a Transfer to Number action.
      1. For the number, enter this string expression:

Append(“sip:”, Task.VMGroup.id, “@localhost;user=voicemail”)

Add appropriate Pre-Transfer Audio to that action as well.

_UpdateData_EditNumber_TransferToNumber

• 6.  RE: Group Voicemail from IVR with no ringing

Posted 06-27-2017 15:35

Works like a charm! Only oddity I noticed is that notifications don't happen if they are enabled.

• 7.  RE: Group Voicemail from IVR with no ringing

GENESYS
    Posted 06-27-2017 18:42

Are you talking about email notifications? Those should be getting sent. I can't find anything internally to indicate they are broken.

• 8.  RE: Group Voicemail from IVR with no ringing

Posted 06-27-2017 19:08

Correct. When using Transfer to Number and using "sip:<groupId>@localhost;user=voicemail" as the target and enabling e-mail notification, I didn't get one. I was owner, but the group included owners at the time.

In our case, it isn't critical as the little red inbox icon works nicely. So I happily turned notifications back off so I didn't some something change behind my back, and moved on. So much nicer as you can upload a higher quality voicemail greeting to match IVR prompts.

• 9.  RE: Group Voicemail from IVR with no ringing

GENESYS
    Posted 06-28-2017 16:09

Hi Patrick, I've updated the PureCloud article, Edit group properties, to clarify what "official" group members are (and how they are added). These changes will be in the Resource Center next week. Thanks for your feedback.

• 10.  RE: Group Voicemail from IVR with no ringing

GENESYS
    Posted 07-27-2017 14:59

Great(read with irony)...that's with the workaround I sent you, correct?

• 11.  RE: Group Voicemail from IVR with no ringing

GENESYS
    Posted 07-27-2017 15:28

Sounds like you figured this out, correct?

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources