Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How can a user forward a voice mail to another user?

Posted 03-10-2017 15:49

• 2.  RE: How can a user forward a voice mail to another user?

Posted 03-14-2017 12:44

In the Inbox you need to download the voicemail.  If you start to listen to a message and stop it, you need to F5 before you hit the ... icon to download or you will get a .WEBM file type instead of a .WAV.  Once you get the .WAV file downloaded, you can attach it to an email to forward to someone.

• 3.  RE: How can a user forward a voice mail to another user?

Posted 03-14-2017 17:51

This year we have plans to add the ability to forward or transfer a voicemail to another user, as well as provide ACD routed voicemails. The current workaround is to download it and share it, like Cathy said.

Cathy, are you still seeing the webm issue? We did have a similar issue in the product last year but it was resolved last December and I am no longer able to reproduce it. If you're still seeing, could you please open up a ticket with support and provide additional details that would help us track it down?

• 4.  RE: How can a user forward a voice mail to another user?

Posted 03-14-2017 18:19

Lucie, you are correct!  Sorry, I should have tested it before mentioning it in a comment.  We are now only seeing  .WAV files when downloading.

• 5.  RE: How can a user forward a voice mail to another user?

Posted 03-14-2017 18:29

Perfect, I'm glad! I thought there was another place lurking where we may still have an issue.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources