Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Call Overflow feature

Posted 02-28-2017 09:30

Is there a way of setting up a call overflow system.

Call comes into Dept1, all busy or unavailable so bounces to Dept2. ?

• 2.  RE: Call Overflow feature

Posted 02-28-2017 15:17

Hi Laurie,

from Architect -> In-queue callflow -> You have the possibility to know the "position in queue".So If the "Position in Queue" > 1, user Transfer to Flow/Queue function in order to set an overflow call.

Is it clear for you?

I hope this helps

Stefano

• 3.  RE: Call Overflow feature

Posted 02-28-2017 16:56

From the flow's perspective, if a transfer to group succeeds (that is, the group exists), the call is out of our hands. The fact that there are no agents available in that group is not something the flow can know.

However, we do a new feature coming out soon that will let the customer go to voicemail for the group if the call is not answered.  See the voicemail section on https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-a-group-phone-number/

We also have a 2nd feature on the roadmap to allow transfer to another group if the call is not answered.

• 4.  RE: Call Overflow feature

Posted 01-11-2023 03:58
    I am looking at the feature to transfer the call to another group if not answered. Is this available already ???

------------------------------
    Ram Prashanth Muralikrishnan
    Miele & Cie. KG

• 5.  RE: Call Overflow feature

GENESYS
    Posted 01-11-2023 14:34
    Set allow rollover to voicemail to false on the transfer action and if no group member answers the call will return to the flow's control and you can transfer to the 2nd group.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Call Overflow feature

GENESYS
    Posted 01-11-2023 15:14
    Edited by George Ganahl 01-11-2023 15:16
    @Ram Prashanth Muralikrishnan

The directions for overflow to another group are on the same Resource Center page Melissa linked before, https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-a-group-phone-number/

Look under Designate a back-up group

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud)
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Call Overflow feature

GENESYS
    Posted 02-28-2017 18:14

Hi Laurie.  I just wanted to add that the Transfer To Group action now uses an internal transfer type that will cause the action to take the failure path if a) there are no logged in agents for that group, or b) the selected/alerting agent in the group doesn't pick up the call in a certain amount of time (I think 12 seconds by default). So, you should be able to set up your flow so that if the transfer to group1 fails, then try a transfer to group2, and so on.  I hope this helps.

• 8.  RE: Call Overflow feature

GENESYS
    Posted 02-28-2017 18:16

Hmm, my post has me as (Customer).  I am actually a Genesys employee.  I apologize for that - I must have misconfigured something.  

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources