Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Phone troubleshooting steps?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-06-2016 14:17

Does anyone have some things I can try when a user is getting errors about making calls in PureCloud? I have the Master Admin role.

• 2.  RE: Phone troubleshooting steps?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-07-2016 14:49

Hi Caitlan!

Here are a few steps I'd recommend in this case:

-Confirm the user has selected & taken ownership of a phone within Purecloud 

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/select-phone/

-If the issue is still persisting, test to make sure it is isn't limited to this specific phone (i.e. try a cell phone for this user, or Web RTC)

What error messages were you seeing for this user?

Thanks!

Joe

• 3.  RE: Phone troubleshooting steps?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-07-2016 16:40

Thanks Joe!

Calls to the user in question were going straight to her voicemail--even though she was getting call notifications, she couldn't accept the calls. 

I used the ideas in https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/troubleshoot-purecloud-web-based-phone/ to help pinpoint the problem:

By trying calls between other users with the same phones, I eventually figured out that the issue was with the broken user's web browser: her Web RTC phone was attempting to use "Microphone 1" and "Speaker 1," while functioning phones in different browsers were using the default microphones and speakers.

I switched her to a different web browser profile in Chrome, and her phone can now access the default microphone and make and accept calls. So her previous browser profile must have not been allowing correct access to the right microphone? The correct microphone/speakers were not even a choice in her list.

• 4.  RE: Phone troubleshooting steps?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-07-2016 20:05

Thanks @Joe Ciuffo!

• 5.  RE: Phone troubleshooting steps?

Posted 12-13-2016 03:38

@Caitlan Spronk It's great to hear that you were able to get your users WebRTC phone up and running again! Another good WebRTC tool to keep in your kit is making sure that the agent's browser isn't blocking access to their audio/video device. In support we see this cause a lot of agents and admins headaches.

In Chrome this is very easy to check from the right side of the address bar. I've included a screenshot below. 

Chrome_Audio_Video_Check

-Josh M.

Sr. Technical Analyst, PureCloud Customer Care

• 6.  RE: Phone troubleshooting steps?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-13-2016 13:15

Thanks @Josh May ! I didn't have that icon in my address bar for some reason, but you are correct--the browser was indeed blocking access to the microphone for the PureCloud site. I went to Chrome > Settings > Privacy > Content Settings. Under Microphone, I clicked Manage Exceptions, and there was a rule to block apps.mypurecloud.com. I removed that rule and now WebRTC works in that browser. It must have gotten blocked accidentally somehow.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources