PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Problems installing Interaction Client SU8 patch via vbscript.

Posted 02-26-2010 03:13
    I am trying to install the SU8 patch for Interaction Client using vbscript in a startup script. The patch is called from a line in my script as follows: strPath = "C:\Temp\ICUserApps_SU8.msp" objWshShell.Run "msiexec /p """ & strPath & """ /qn", 0, True The install fails about a minute into the install with the following error appearing in the install log: MSI (s) (70:24) [12:00:38:940]: Product: Interaction Center User Applications -- Error 1334. The file 'inin_wdm_fax_driver_cat' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'Product.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package. If I double click the patch file, it installs without a problem. If I run the install with a /qb! instead of a /qn, it installs but displays a dialog box which allows the user to cancel, and then displays a reboot dialog box upon completion of the install. Not a good thing when trying to install unattended. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Problems installing Interaction Client SU8 patch via vbscript.

Posted 02-26-2010 21:55
    Adding 'REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=all REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS' to the msiexec command line has solved my problem. strPath = "C:\Temp\ICUserApps_SU8.msp" objWshShell.Run "msiexec /p """ & strPath & """ /qb! REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=all REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS", 1, True

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources