Genesys Casual

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Share your best and funniest LIFE HACKS

Posted 02-16-2022 08:43
    Hardships are something we get in small doses throughout our lives. And everyone has own tricks, own cheat codes for making it out of daily troubles. Last week I did a research and here is what other people posted on social media about how they cope with life in their tricky way. Let us know by commenting here  what your best LIFE HACKS are. Every aspect counts - life, work, leisure, kitchen etc. :comments:
    • If you want someone out of your life, loan them money. <-- my favorite 
    • Defaulting to anxious laughter in ANY given situation
    • Avoid toxic people
    • Expect nothing from anyone!
    • If you work in a place for 8 hours a day, five days a week, at the end of a month money appears in your bank account.
    • Drink more water
    • Treat everyone like you've known them for 10 years
    • Work smarter not harder
    • If you don't ask you don't get.
    • Expect nothing, be ready for anything.
    • Treat every person like they're a Million Dollar client!
    • Live on the little wins
    • Hope for the best but prepare for the worst
    • If it is not broken, do not fix it.
    • If you need it, buy it. If you don't, don't!
    • What other people think of me is none of my business.
    • in multiple choice, the answer is often the longest one.
    • Every day I try and make at least one person smile
    • Give from the heart and don't expect anything in return

#SuccessStories

------------------------------
    Stanislav Ilev
    Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Services

• 2.  RE: Share your best and funniest LIFE HACKS

GENESYS
    Posted 02-16-2022 15:52
    Edited by Matt Lawson 02-16-2022 15:53
    Hey @Stanislav Ilev! Welcome to the community. I love this question. I think the best advice I was ever given came in my first job out of college:

1) "Never turn down an interesting conversation"

2) This is a long one, but it stuck with me: I was the editor for a former company's newsletter and I had to write a piece about bathroom sanitation because some people may need some advice on things like washing their hands. Not a fun assignment for a young professional, but I had fun with the piece. When it got published, everyone was talking about it and I felt really insecure about it. Eventually, I ran into the Chief Marketing Officer and they said, "You wrote the piece about hand sanitation?" I thought I was going to get fired on the spot, genuinely. So my first instinct was to apologize and explain where the topic came from. They cut me off and said, "Don't apologize. Getting people to respond to something you write is why we write."

3) Something I've been thinking about lately, kind of relates to #2 above - Humor is enriched by relationships.

4) My wife's response - This too shall pass

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 3.  RE: Share your best and funniest LIFE HACKS

Posted 02-17-2022 03:05
    Tip #2 is something I would recommend to the organisers of the Creative Writing Contest that I support every year as a preliminary judge, sounds really cool as people at high scholl tend to write boring stories very often about relationships and dark stuff that reside in their heads when nothing interesting happens in their lives. I will do my best to brighten up their minds if possible.

+ another tip I got from my wife yesterday evening - Use Window + G on your Windows 10 computer to start up a screen recording software ​​from Microsoft. It works quite well and you can even record video games.

Stanislav Ilev

• 4.  RE: Share your best and funniest LIFE HACKS

Posted 02-18-2022 11:30
    Find a vacuum and fill it!

Most people go through life living what was given to them.  They look around and see everyone else doing the same thing in the own way and never seem to get ahead.  If you are someone stuck in the doldrums of everyday existence, find a vacuum and fill it.  I am not talking about a Hoover, but something around you that you see no one doing or a whole in your society that is not being filled and fill it with your own knowledge, time, and effort.  

I take this to heart everyday by going through this community looking for those inquiries with zero replies and answering them.  I do it by helping out the coach at pole vault putting away the pit and poles after events.  I do it by handing out gift cards to restaurants instead of money to the homeless.  This goes beyond just helping and activist activities, but a conscious effort to see a need around you and to do something about it.  

In the end, you may never get recognized for it, but you never know who is looking and it could mean the next promotion or award.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: Share your best and funniest LIFE HACKS

GENESYS
    Posted 02-18-2022 14:34
    That's more than a life hack. That's like a spiritual calling. Well said.

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 6.  RE: Share your best and funniest LIFE HACKS

GENESYS
    Posted 02-17-2022 12:30
    • Pick up after yourself as you leave a room and you will never have to tidy again
    • Hire people to do your cleaning and gardening and you wont have to clean or garden again
    • Use detergent sheets for laundry - no plastic and much less messy than the alternatives
    • Sharp knives make cooking prep go faster
    • Wash and dry your fancy knives after using them to stop them going blunt
    • Air fry everything

Rebecca Owens
    PureCloud Self-Service Senior Product Manager
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Share your best and funniest LIFE HACKS

GENESYS
    Posted 02-18-2022 07:58
    It's funny you mention knives dulling and hand washing/drying them vs dishwater. Another life hack that I heard is "water carved the grand canyon, it will dull your knives".

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 8.  RE: Share your best and funniest LIFE HACKS

GENESYS
    Posted 02-17-2022 14:47
    1. Don't ask, don't get. If you want or need something, ask for it.  In the vast majority of cases, the worst outcome is that no one responds (if someone says no, at least we're having a conversation).  If you're feeling like you have no real reason to expect to get what you're asking for, don't let that hold you back.  It certainly doesn't hold my kids back at the grocery store when they ask for a cookie.  There's absolutely zero reason for me to buy them one and they know I'm likely to say no, but they also know that the number of cookies that I buy unsolicited is pretty much zero.

2. Stop being so self-conscious - people are too busy being self-conscious and monitoring themselves to scrutinize you the way you think they are.  This one comes from a zumba class I used to take.  The instructor started every class by reminding us to be boisterous and have fun, and not to be self-conscious about it because if you look in the big mirror on the wall, everyone's just looking at themselves, not at you and your shenanigans.

3. The best way to get yourself to eat more veggies is not to have Doritos in the house.  Ok, maybe that's just me.  Still, it's way easier to exercise impulse control once a week at the store than hourly in my home office.

Alyssa Cox
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Share your best and funniest LIFE HACKS

GENESYS
    Posted 02-18-2022 14:38
    Also, I forgot to mention that I asked this question to two of the experts on the latest episode of the Q&A Show! 

Here are Maisey and Sam's Answers.

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 10.  RE: Share your best and funniest LIFE HACKS

Posted 02-21-2022 03:03
    Oh that's so cool! Thank you for using my thread on the show, the answers are really cool! I totally agree with "pick your own battles"! 
    Really great interviews, and having such a show is really amazing! I am impressed, the community engagement here is really impressive! Great job, really! ​​

Stanislav Ilev

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources