Genesys Multicloud

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Tony Bates' Announcement Means End of Pure Engage Cloud?

• 1.  Tony Bates' Announcement Means End of Pure Engage Cloud?

Posted 01-14-2020 12:09
    Edited by Kevin Brown 02-05-2020 21:00

• 2.  RE: Tony Bates' Announcement Means End of Pure Engage Cloud?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-15-2020 08:33
    Hey Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out with your concern. I want to confirm that PureEngage Cloud remains an important part of our portfolio. Innovative development for PureEngage is a strategic focus for Genesys and will be communicated within the coming weeks.

Best,

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 3.  RE: Tony Bates' Announcement Means End of Pure Engage Cloud?

Posted 01-15-2020 09:17
    Edited by Byron Nelson 01-15-2020 09:52
    Kevin,

For the first 3 plus years of being on the PEC platform, those were my exact feelings. Having said that, as we are closing in on the end of year four, I have seen enough changes to believe PEC is here to stay.  So yes, you could say I have taken a sip or two of the kool-aid.  PEC still has plenty of room for improvement, but I think it is headed the right way with version 9.  Genesys as a whole has plenty of room to improve as well,  especially in customer technical support and overall communication. I thought last year Genesys stated it was going to use the Genesys Cloud moniker as an umbrella for all three cloud solutions, but apparently not.  I do still see this as more of the beginnings of a move away from On-Premise.  The caveat here is I could be completely off my rocker and in 6 months I will be on a street corner holding a sign reading " I will build your IVR for food". 

Just my two cents.....

Byron Nelson
    Customer Ops System Administrator
    OGE Energy Corp
    PureEngage Cloud since 2015

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources