Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Update AttributeCallType when transfer call to Strategy (URS)

Posted 08-06-2019 17:32
    Hello Community,

I have a scenario where sales team initiate Outbound calls to customers' mobiles then transfer those calls to inbound agent group via route point (Strategy).  

I believe in this scenario, a call should have 2 segments, first one should have CallType = Outbound and second segment should have CallType = Inbound but what happens is both segments are set to Outbound

I do understand SipServer assigns CallType during call creation and it will not change it during its lifetime but I'm thinking of update AttributeCallType value to inbound when call transferred to strategy route point but I don't know how can I modify it from the strategy. 

This affect inbound agents' KPIs as inbound calls counted as outbound calls however they should be marked as inbound !! 

Appreciate any advice or any ideas to solve this issue

Many Thanks
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Youssef Atef
    Advanced Technology Solutions Int

• 2.  RE: Update AttributeCallType when transfer call to Strategy (URS)

Posted 08-06-2019 17:35
    Youssef,

You can assign an override-call-type to the TServer section of the routing point to change it to inbound at that point.

override-call-type
    Default Value: 0
    Valid Values:
    0 CallTypeUnknown
    1 CallTypeInternal
    2 CallTypeInbound
    3 CallTypeOutbound
    Changes Take Effect: For the next call
    Determines the value SIP Server will use as the CallType attribute for internal
    calls made directly to a DN of type Routing Point. If set to 0, SIP Server
    specifies the CallType attribute as Internal.
    override-domain
    Default Value: NULL
    Valid Values: Any computer name
    Changes Take Effect: For the next call
    Enables an override of the specified computer name in the SIP To: header for a
    DN. It is used to contact a particular DN in a domain in the To: header that is
    different than the SIP Server internal registrar computer name.
    Note: This option must be specified for the DN that represents Microsoft
    Office Communicator behind LCS.
    In IMS environments, for IMS endpoints configured with enable-ims set to
    true, the value of the override-domain option is used to replace the IP address
    in the Request-URI of all SIP messages. For any IMS-related DN that does not
    register with SIP Server, this value must match the domain used in that
    particular IMS deployment.

Ivan Ullmann
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 3.  RE: Update AttributeCallType when transfer call to Strategy (URS)

Posted 08-07-2019 05:12
    Hello Ivan,

Many thanks for your reply

I tried to add an option (override-call-type) on Route Point level with value = 2 (inbound) but unfortunately, I can see call-type still outbound. Please check my screenshot below from GI2 Reports

As you can see the first segment was an outbound call to phone number 901007xxxx by user ATSI then call transferred internally to route point 61 but both segments treated as outbound however I set (override-call-type = 2)

Appreciate your advice,

Thanks,

Youssef Atef
    Advanced Technology Solutions Int

• 4.  RE: Update AttributeCallType when transfer call to Strategy (URS)

Posted 08-07-2019 18:07
    My understanding, and could be wrong, is once the interaction type is set, is that it's set.  From the customer and platforms perspective, it doesnt matter how many transfers, consults etc happen after, that call is still an outbound call.  You see that with the likes of callback as well.  While from an agent perspective it feels like an inbound call, from the customer and platform perspective it's outbound.
    However, you do have other reporting elements available to you to distinguish.  In the Technical_descriptor you'll see a RESOURCE_ROLE of "ReceivedTransfer" for the second agent.  You may also choose to attach ServiceType and ServiceSubType to allow segmenting of your reporting.

Jason Mclennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources