Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Evaluation form Weighting and Values

Posted 10-04-2017 05:00

Can anyone explain the formula behind the weighting and values in the evaluation forms?

Support refer me back to the resource center but that is not clear on how the values effect the weighted %.

I have tried singular values, values out of 100, tens of values and every time it construes the weighted score to over or a decimal our targeted score.

• 2.  RE: Evaluation form Weighting and Values

GENESYS
    Posted 10-04-2017 12:44

Hi @Darryn Chang? 

Yes, I can help with this! Evaluation form question group weights work more like a "multiplier" than like "buckets" that make up a percentage of the overall score. Here's the formula (if there were 2 question groups):

(group total points * weight) + (group total points * weight) / (group possible points * weight) + (group possible points * weight)

Example:

Group 1 has 1 question, and has a 20% weight.

Group 2 has 4 questions, and a 80% weight.

Let's say that an agent got the question in group 1 wrong, but all of the questions in group 2 right. Then this would be the calculation:

(0 * .2) + (4 x *.8) / (1 * .2) + (4 * .8)

Numerator = 3.2

Denominator = 3.4

3.2/3.4 = .9412 rounded, or about 94.12%

Let me know if that makes sense. I'll work on adding this info to the Resource Center.Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 8.43.13 AMScreen Shot 2017-10-04 at 8.43.32 AM

• 3.  RE: Evaluation form Weighting and Values

Posted 10-05-2017 03:33

Thanks Caitlan

Does it matter what number goes into the value?

Is there anyway to get an even flat percentage score rather than a decimal?

When calculating the question group is it possible for it to calculate based on the weight score and not as a whole 100%?

Eg: Group 1 is 10%. Group 2 is 10% and Group 3 is 5%. The remaining questions have their weighted percentage against them totaling to 100%.

When I select Yes for Q1 the score is 100%, should it not reflect 10% as there are still another 6 questions to ask and the calculation be reflective as the score totals towards the end of the form?

In other words it counts down rather than counts up

Weighted percentage

Weighted percentage score 100

• 4.  RE: Evaluation form Weighting and Values

GENESYS
    Posted 10-05-2017 14:05

Does it matter what number goes into the value?

Yes. The more points a question is worth, the more impact it will have on the final score. (E.g. a 10 point question in a 50% group will have more impact than if the same question had a 1 point value in a 50% group.)

Is there anyway to get an even flat percentage score rather than a decimal?

You mean having the UI say "100%" or "74%" instead of "100.00%" or "74.25%?" No. It always shows two decimal places.

When calculating the question group is it possible for it to calculate based on the weight score and not as a whole 100%?

If I understand the question, no. In Preview mode, PureCloud calculates the score based on the questions you have answered so far. It has no information either way (should it assign the points or not?) about the other questions, so it doesn't include them in the calculation in until you answer the question.

However, only you as the form designer will ever see that behavior. When evaluators are completing an evaluation, they don't see a score preview as they answer questions. PureCloud also won't let them submit an evaluation unless they've answered all questions (unless you marked some as N/A when designing the form), so PureCloud will always have information from every applicable question when it calculates the score for an agent.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources