Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Are you able to print out a time off request(s)

Posted 07-14-2017 18:58

i love the time off request portion. This is going to save me many headaches. However i need to be able to print these off. Is there a way to print these?

• 2.  RE: Are you able to print out a time off request(s)

GENESYS
    Posted 07-25-2017 19:29

Hi James, I am glad you like this feature. Would you mind answering a few questions?

• What role is the person that would want to print these off? Agent printing their own time off requests, admin printing off time off requests for specific agents, etc.
    • Why the need to print off the time off requests? Agents or admins not allowed to remotely login outside of working hours, for filing purposes, physical review purposes, etc.
    • If the role is of the agent and if the reason is because they can't or won't access the system outside of working hours, would a mobile agent client that allowed the agent to access their schedules and time off requests with update notifications suffice?
    • If the role is an admin, would an export option on the time off grid that allowed a bulk export, honoring filtering, suffice?

Thanks for your time and input!

• 3.  RE: Are you able to print out a time off request(s)

GENESYS
    Posted 08-04-2017 14:49

Hi James, the export option would honor whatever filter that is applied to the time off request list. So, if you filtered the view to only show one agent, for a specific date range, the export would just show time off requests for that agent for that date range. You could also do filtering instead or in addition to via your spreadsheet tool on the raw CSV. Attached is an example export - let me know your thoughts on this. We would look at exposing the export option for the time off request list view in the near future if it fits your need.

• 4.  RE: Are you able to print out a time off request(s)

Posted 08-14-2017 12:48

That works for me

• 5.  RE: Are you able to print out a time off request(s)

GENESYS
    Posted 09-20-2017 14:57

We just released the ability to export time off requests. See the release notes for more details: https://help.mypurecloud.com/releasenote/september-20-2017/

• 6.  RE: Are you able to print out a time off request(s)

GENESYS
    Posted 09-20-2017 18:58

Time values are exported in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). There are approaches, using Excel for example, to convert times from one time zone to another if that is desired.

• 7.  RE: Are you able to print out a time off request(s)

GENESYS
    Posted 09-20-2017 19:24

Because our application and users can and do span time zones, we store date/time values in UTC. UTC is the only date/time representation when dealing with multiple time zones.

If I am in one time zone and export in local time and someone else exports in local time in another time zone, the same data, the exports will not match.

There is no guarantee that one time zone's local time maps to another time zone's local time. E.g., one time zone honors Daylight Saving Time (DST) and another does not - the one that does would have an extra hour or a missing hour during DST transitions.

Ingestion of this information either via export or via API by another application, e.g., HRIS system, would also expect times in UTC. Same for the inverse where HRIS system is pushing time off requests to PureCloud - times would be in UTC.

So, export is a 'save raw data to disk' as opposed to 'print exactly what I see'. We can look at offering a second export option that would export the data as shown, including the date/time formats you see.

• 8.  RE: Are you able to print out a time off request(s)

GENESYS
    Posted 09-20-2017 20:54

Hi James. Sorry we got wires crossed on this one.

I think it would be pretty easy to add a second menu option, something like "Export in local time". This would be treated as a "date" in Excel instead of just a string, and while it wouldn't be exactly what you see in PureCloud (because we show the day of week as well), it would be much more obvious.

I think it would look like this. The first row would match what you showed us in the screenshot, where ChadT requested from 4AM to 8AM your local time.

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 4.53.14 PM

Like Jay mentioned, the local time approach has some issues when you want to use the exported CSV in an external system of some kind that expects UTC, or if you want to compare exports created by two individuals in two different locations. But for your use case I think it would be fine.

Please let me know what you think.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources