Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to make WebRTC browser window (Chrome) pop to forefront on incoming call?

Posted 03-16-2017 14:35

Is there a setting or something I can do to make my Chrome browser window running PC WebRTC pop to forefront on an incoming call? 

I have to fumble around to find the right browser window or tab when I get that initial call alert. Clicking on the Alert popup would be ok, but that doesn't work. If the WebRTC window could automatically pop to the forefront then I could click the Answer button easier.

• 2.  RE: How to make WebRTC browser window (Chrome) pop to forefront on incoming call?

Posted 03-20-2017 20:20

Hey Gregory,

If you click your profile picture, then "Preferences" you should see a checkbox like the one in the screenshot below. This will cause incoming calls to trigger a desktop notification, which will pop up above all open windows. Clicking the notification will bring the app to the foreground. 

Unfortunately we can't automatically bring the app to the foreground, but we've found that the desktop notification works pretty well. Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Xander DumaineScreen Shot 2017-03-20 at 4.19.30 PM

• 3.  RE: How to make WebRTC browser window (Chrome) pop to forefront on incoming call?

Posted 03-21-2017 12:54

Xander, 

I do have the Notifications Preferences all checked. I do get a popup in lower right of my screen when I get an Inbound call. 

But clicking on that pop-up does not bring my WebRTC browser tab or window to the forefront. Clicking and double clicking on the notification popup does nothing.

Using Chrome browser.

• 4.  RE: How to make WebRTC browser window (Chrome) pop to forefront on incoming call?

Posted 11-27-2019 18:09
    I've tried enabling desktop notifications and not getting any windows desktop notification when new calls alert.  Are there chrome browser permissions that also need to be set here?

------------------------------
    Jared Mendez
    Ansafone Contact Centers

• 5.  RE: How to make WebRTC browser window (Chrome) pop to forefront on incoming call?

Posted 11-27-2019 18:21
    Answered my own question and got Windows10 desktop notifications to work by following the above post to set notifications in PureCloud preferences, then also had to make sure Windows notifications was set to allow from chrome and also check Chrome browser settings to make sure https://[*.]mypurecloud.com is allowed to use notifications there.  Now Windows10 desktop notification pops up and clicking on it brings me to PureCloud session to answer incoming call easily.

Jared Mendez
    Ansafone Contact Centers

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources