Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Reporting on Contacts/Organizations

Posted 04-02-2021 11:51
    Good morning,

We are working on creating organizations (clients) within our contacts and having external contacts assigned to those Organizations. (Think employees (coming in as external contact) of Client (organization)) We would like to report on interactions in an organization level. Hoping to capture total interactions for a certain organization and also average handle time, wrap codes, etc. I could not locate any reports that allowed this and didn't see organization as an option to add to the interactions page filter. This is pretty important to our business so I hope there is a way to capture this information. I would appreciate any guidance from anyone doing this now. Thanks.

Julie
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Julie Green
    Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group

• 2.  RE: Reporting on Contacts/Organizations

Posted 04-05-2021 17:07
    Hi, from my experience there are a few ways to do this, but in all of them you will need to look at this externally to Genesys cloud,

some steps would / could be you will need the API to extract all dialled / received numbers, then pop that into a data warehouse along with a copy of your external contacts and then start running reports against the digits dialled / time spent on the phone etc, 

you could possibly extract this info from your sip carrier and import that into a db and run the "numbers" against your contacts database, or perhaps even import your contacts into your sip carriers reporting tool

Me I would approach my carrier and see what reporting portal they can provide and if you can upload your contacts to it

What you are looking for is / was typical of the good old telephone cost management systems that worked off the serial port or worse of a conventional pbx and it spat out the call by call info on a dot matrix printer hidden in the corner somewhere, and was pretty handy to see how often one person called their "partner" and what the cost was per call.

Hylton Tiedt
    Vodafone New Zealand

• 3.  RE: Reporting on Contacts/Organizations

Posted 04-15-2021 16:27
    Hi Julie, 

I was reading your requirement we do this with a single Organization in our standard custom report and dashboard applications. I know this is a community chat forum for sharing information, but if you have some time I would love to listen to your request in some more detail, it would be fantastic to add this to our offerings for our client base. We built our custom report and dashboarding applications around wanting our clients to make monthly enhancements to these applications, so it is flexible enough to bend around. My email is below if this works for you. 

Kind Regards

warren beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources