Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Agent Engaged During Secure Flow - aka DTMF Masking\Clamping for PCI Compliance

Posted 06-11-2021 11:10

Cloud experts - I am curious about any architectural constraints with Cloud that prevent providing the customer experience that Engage Cloud and Premise provide where an agent is engaged with the caller while they input their payment card details.  With Cloud, the secure flow is like the old fashioned "send them off to an IVR and then bring them back to me" from 20 years ago. 

With Engage the agent is still on the call but only hears (and Genesys only records) neutral tones instead of DTMF digit tones. The benefit is that should the caller have any issues, the agent is still engaged - a white glove experience instead of essentially a self service transaction. In healthcare we found this of great benefit for older callers who are averse to IVRs of any kind.

Any idea of why this cannot be accomplished in Cloud?

Thanks for your insights!

Architecture Drawing of Engage DTMF Masking

#ArchitectureandDesign

• 2.  RE: Agent Engaged During Secure Flow - aka DTMF Masking\Clamping for PCI Compliance

Posted 06-11-2021 18:51
    We have worked with a number of companies, but COEO and ECKOH have good solutions that work well with Genesys Cloud.  They both offer similar functionality in a bit different way.

------------------------------
    Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Agent Engaged During Secure Flow - aka DTMF Masking\Clamping for PCI Compliance

Posted 06-11-2021 19:52

Robert,
    I have worked with several including Eckoh, but given how Engage works, you can use Genesys' payments IVR microservice in the IVR and do the same thing for zero additional cost. By going that route, I saved approximately $160,000\yr while delivering the white glove customer experience.

I'm curious what holds the Cloud architecture from supporting this.  I have yet to see an architectural diagram of Cloud that calls out anything to the level of the diagram I included and that's at a fairly high level. 

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources