Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Sending Polycom Device Information through Genesys to RedSky

Posted 12-23-2021 15:45
    Hi Community - 
    I'm working on setting up an integration between Genesys Cloud and RedSky in advance of some E911 changes in the US. Everything is going smoothly, but I'm stuck on what we should do with our physical Polycom phones. Our sales team switches between the Genesys Cloud softphone and their Polycom hardphone depending upon where/how they are working. RedSky works perfectly with the Genesys Cloud softphone (with the RedSky client installed on their computers), but I'm struggling on registering the physical Polycom phone with RedSky. 
    I'm attempting to find a way to send a custom SIP header through to the RedSky endpoint to assist with device identification. According to the RedSky documentation, I should be able to send a custom tag in the SIP invite with the device MAC address through. However, I don't see a way to accomplish that setup in Genesys. I can set custom tags for SIP invites at the trunk level, but I don't see anything that will allow me to populate the phone level MAC address. 

Has anyone else encountered this sort of problem? If so, I'd be more than happy to hear how you solved it. 
    Thanks!
    #Integrations
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Cory King
    IT Lead
    IGS Energy

• 2.  RE: Sending Polycom Device Information through Genesys to RedSky

Posted 12-30-2021 16:24
    Just wanted to close this out:
    I wasn't able to find a solution for this. Going forward, I'll be creating a trunk to RedSky (with a hardcoded MAC address) for each physical Polycom phone, so I can use RedSky's feature to map the phone by MAC address.

Cory King
    IT Lead
    IGS Energy

• 3.  RE: Sending Polycom Device Information through Genesys to RedSky

Posted 12-30-2021 16:38
    I've also logged a request in the Idea's portal to allow for variablized device-level information to be passed to the trunk level for use in Custom Sip Headers.
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/TEL-I-296

Thanks,

Cory King
    IT Lead
    IGS Energy

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources