Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Howto prepare PureCloud widgets against DDoS?

Posted 12-05-2019 09:31
    Edited by Marek Vrabel 12-05-2019 09:31
    Hello,
    does anybody have any experience with PureCloud widgets' DDoS protection, please?

As far as I know, the widgets are javascript based, so its code is executed in client's browser and therefore having a firewall and IPS is not the right protection against the DDoS.

Is it possible to configure a max value limit of connections from an IP address, so hundreds of chat interactions at a time will be automatically blocked and not being routed to PureCloud, please?
    #Implementation
    #Security

------------------------------
    Kind regards,
    Marek

• 2.  RE: Howto prepare PureCloud widgets against DDoS?

Posted 12-10-2019 18:04
    I have heard that 300 is a good number for chat sessions on most IIS servers, but best to run some resource tests on yours.  As for DDS, ARR is okay, but only kicks the can down the line to the next server.  Better would be a load balancer like  the F5 that can balance and protect.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Howto prepare PureCloud widgets against DDoS?

Posted 12-11-2019 09:42
    Edited by Marek Vrabel 12-11-2019 09:53
    Let's say, these are these locations of objects on the Internet:
    • PureCloud widget, is on customer's web server on the Internet [location1]
    • PureCloud "backend" is on the AWS cloud [location2]
    • client's browser [location3]
    • agent's browser [location4, but could be also location 3]

Robert,
    I don't understand where do you suggest to place the F5 for loadbalancing and protecting?
    • For locations 2,3,4 I don't see an option, unless it is possible to order (or there already is) an AWS firewall or DDoS service?
    • Would it help to add F5 before "location1" = the customer's web server? The PureCloud widget is javascript based, so it is executed at "location3" and is routed straight to "location2"

Marek Vrabel
    Dimension Data Slovakia s.r.o.

• 4.  RE: Howto prepare PureCloud widgets against DDoS?

Posted 12-11-2019 09:57
    You don't have to worry about agents and their locations and they talk directly to PureCloud.   The widget is hosted on the customer IIS and in front of that is where you put your F5.  Clients would hit the F5 and then be served up widget from one or more IIS servers sitting behind it.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Sr. Director – Innovation Architects | Avtex
    T: 949-268-5104
    C: 310-350-2010
    Subscribe to Avtex Thoughts

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources