Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Callback Recommendation

• 1.  Callback Recommendation

Posted 09-07-2021 16:50
    Hello Everyone,

I'm curious if other customers have the callback feature enabled in Architect. What do you like or not like about callback? What are some things I should consider? I've gotten feedback previously about this but love to hear from more of you.
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Shara Benson
    Senior User Experience Analyst
    Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
    q.benson@alaskausa.org

• 2.  RE: Callback Recommendation

Posted 09-08-2021 02:31
    Hi Quishara -

A couple of things to keep in mind ...

1. Regardless of whether you 'Create Callback' or 'Transfer to Voicemail', make sure you include code to detect / confirm / change the preferred Callback Number
    2. If the Caller prefers a Callback Number other than their CLI, make sure you capture this and parse into the Agent Script to be the 'actual' Callback Number
    3. If you use Voicemail, then the Agent can review before calling, and is not "flying blind" when they reach the Customer (we find this is more popular option than just Callback)
    4. If you use Callback function and have a high volume of calls after hours, then these calls will be presented first on the next day. So you could either send After Hours calls to a separate (callback only) Queue, or to Genesys Group or User with Voicemail enabled.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Mal.

Thanks and regards,
    Malcolm Green
    Senior Contact Centre Engineer
    Nexon Asia Pacific
    malcolm.green@nexon.com.au

• 3.  RE: Callback Recommendation

Posted 09-08-2021 12:45
    Thank you Malcom for your feedback.

Shara Benson
    q.benson@alaskausa.org

• 4.  RE: Callback Recommendation

Posted 09-08-2021 04:10
    Hi Shara,

Just like to start with some general commentary at first, around the drivers/reasons for implementing Callbacks.

If you're looking at it to improve customer experience by offering a 'virtual hold' option, then that's a great reason for callbacks.

However if you're looking at them to just deal with long wait times because your centre is consistently understaffed and over-occupied - then Callbacks may not be the 'holy grail' that some managers/executives think it is.

Callbacks do impact overall centre efficiency, needing longer AHT to handle a callback (to take into account the re-dialling and greetings required, and what to do if the customer doesn't answer, do they wait and retry?)

Also it may increase your telco costs (having to pay for the outbound call that may not have cost you anything if it remained an inbound call).

Then finally reporting becomes a  little more complicated, as you'll need to take into account:
    - queue performance views can only filter 1 media type at a time (so harder to get an combined/overall view)
    - additional AHT being recorded (there's the 'call' AHT when speaking with the customer, and then 'callback' AHT that counts the time beforem during and after the outbound call)
    - if you route the call to queue (transfer to ACD) before offering the callback (e.g. whilst they are waiting), in the queue metrics you'll have '1' offered under 'call' media type, and then another '1' offered under 'callback' media type

Hope that helps :)

Jeff

• 5.  RE: Callback Recommendation

GENESYS
    Posted 09-08-2021 08:35
    Hi everyone - much of what Jeff and Malcolm have laid out are accurate, but just to add a bit of color from the product management perspective I wanted to point out a few things:

1. Genesys offers 'in-queue' callbacks -meaning callers may be offered the opportunity to receive a callback and not lose their place in queue if configured in the IVR.  These callbacks are reported as a distinct media type as Jeff points out above.
    2. As the next agent becomes available, Genesys Cloud will push a callback interaction to the agent for them to accept or decline.  Assuming they accept it - the next thing the agent will need to do is click a button to launch the outbound call to the customer. 
      1. This can have some unintended consequences however.  Agents can use the time to just camp out and not take any other interactions before they launch the callback - this is something supervisors should be aware of to ensure agent productivity.
      2. After the callback has ended, the agent then needs to hit the 'end callback' button - this again is a place where they can sit and do nothing (either intentionally or unintentionally!)  Again, something for supervisors to be aware of.
    3. Overall, these in-queue callbacks really force the agent to make the call at the appropriate time to deliver the best customer experience to the customer.  
    4. We've also recently published a 'callbacks blueprint' which works a bit differently than our in-queue callbacks.  We still offer the caller the ability to recieve a callback, but we use some flow techniques to create an OUTBOUND dialer record that uses the current estimated wait time value to automatically launch a call back to the customer at the appropriate time.  
      1. In this instance, the customer receives an automated message asking them if they are ready for their callback or if they need to reschedule.
      2. If they choose to accept the callback, Genesys pushes an INBOUND call back into the queue with a high priority to push it to the top of the queue to be answered next.
    5. In this blueprint - we no longer track the callback separately and reporting is a bit easier (in my opinion) but requires some filtering (typically on queue name and outbound campaign name) to identify vs. all other calls.
    Ultimately, we are going to look to build this functionality into the platform natively and address any reporting concerns but for now - these are the options we have!

PS:  Jeff - we have a fix currently in beta to ensure we do NOT double count talk time on callbacks with calls (thus fixing the AHT issue) - reach out if you are interested in having me enable it that!

Chris Bohlin
      Product Manager - PureCloud

1. 6.  RE: Callback Recommendation

Posted 09-08-2021 12:46
      Hi Chris, thank you for expanding on what was mentioned before and letting us know about the reporting fix currently in beta.

Shara Benson
      q.benson@alaskausa.org

2. 7.  RE: Callback Recommendation

Posted 09-08-2021 15:06
      Hi Chris,

We are currently on GEC and looking to migrate to GC, does GC callback have the option to setup the agents to auto-answer instead of giving the agents option to accept or decline?

ATB - Vincent R. Sabolboro
      ATB Financial

3. 8.  RE: Callback Recommendation

GENESYS
      Posted 09-09-2021 08:24
      Vincent - if you use the callback blueprint, as opposed to the native callback solution, I believe you CAN use auto-answer as that would be treated as a normal inbound call.  We do not offer that today on our native solution - the agent must press a button to manually launch the phone call to the customer.

Chris Bohlin

4. 9.  RE: Callback Recommendation

Posted 09-09-2021 17:12
      Hi Chris, Thank you for the information. We will have to take this into account during the migration

ATB Financial

5. 10.  RE: Callback Recommendation

Posted 09-09-2021 17:19

Hi Chris,

Follow-up question, I have callback-blueprint and did not see anything mentioned on scheduled callback. Is scheduled callback possible with callback-blueprint?

https://developer.genesys.cloud/blueprints/automated-callback-blueprint/

ATB Financial

6. 11.  RE: Callback Recommendation

GENESYS
      Posted 09-10-2021 07:45

Vincent - are you asking if there is an option for the customer to select a specific date and time to recieve the callback or if we offer the ability for agents to schedule callbacks to customers?  

The former, I think, can be addressed by crafting a flow to grab the information but I don't honestly know (I'll check around).  The latter is part of the agent UI.

I'll follow-up but let me know the specifics of what you are referring to.

Thanks,
      Chris

Chris Bohlin

7. 12.  RE: Callback Recommendation

Posted 09-10-2021 14:41

Hi Chris,

We have both options.

For customer side scheduling, we offer day of the week and time window ex 1:00 to 1:30 pm and client will use DTMF to choose and confirm schedule.

Agent will have the same options to setup call back just using Genesys widget.

ATB Financial

8. 13.  RE: Callback Recommendation

Posted 09-08-2021 17:30
      @Chris Bohlin do you know of any Genesys customers using the Callback feature today? I'd like to know at what times they're offering callbacks to their customers.​

Shara Benson
      q.benson@alaskausa.org

9. 14.  RE: Callback Recommendation

GENESYS
      Posted 09-09-2021 08:30
      Shara - there are many customers using callbacks and a handful now using the callbacks blueprint.  Most customers offer callbacks as part of their in-queue flow or, they will survey the Estimated Wait Time of the target queue BEFORE the transfer to ACD happens and decide that if the value is greater than some amount of time they deem appropriate, offer it right in the original flow.

Please refer back to Jeff's earlier advice on how callbacks aren't necessarily the holy grail - its sage advise!!!

Chris Bohlin

10. 15.  RE: Callback Recommendation

Posted 02-23-2023 11:18

Hi Chris-

Quick question, is there a way for supervisors to monitor for agents that are "camped out" after responding to a callback but not clicking "end callback"? I am trying to find a report, but it just looks like the agent has been on an actual call, so it's hard to identify.

Thanks! 

Naila Mendenhall
      AAA Washington
      PMO, Sr. IT Business Systems Analyst

11. 16.  RE: Callback Recommendation

Posted 02-23-2023 11:20

Hi Chris,

Is there a way for supervisors to identify agents who are "camped out" after responding to a callback but before clicking "end callback"? We are trying to minimize this behavior, but in the views I can see, it looks like the agent is actually on a call.

Thanks!

Naila Mendenhall
      AAA Washington
      PMO, Sr. IT Business Systems Analyst

12. 17.  RE: Callback Recommendation

GENESYS
      Posted 02-23-2023 23:32

No today. But we will be rolling out some updates soon to automate the 'End Callback' scenario and clamp down on these 'camped out' scenarios. Here is the aha idea you can track https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-1330. 

Sachi Pradhan
      Product@Genesys
      [https://twitter.com/pradhan_sabya]
      [https://www.linkedin.com/in/sachipradhan/]

13. 18.  RE: Callback Recommendation

Posted 09-08-2021 12:45
      Thanks for giving me a heads up on reporting metrics. Gives us some things to think about.

Shara Benson
      q.benson@alaskausa.org

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources