Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Is there an API to check for group member status?

Posted 06-15-2020 19:08
    Does someone know if there's a data action/API that I can use to check if all group members are on a connected call?  The default behaviour of group ringing is it will ring through multiple calls to a member unless they manually make themselves busy when they answer a call.  The problem with that is if it's a fairly busy group and they forget to mark themselves busy while on a call their screen can get flooded with incoming call alerts.

What I'm hoping to do within an architect call flow is to first check if all group members are on a connected call, and if there's at least one that isn't use the transfer to group action in the call flow.  If they're either all busy or on connected calls I'll take a different path in the call flow.  I know I can use the failure path to do something similar but for what I"m aiming at I want to do the check up front before trying the transfer.
    #Implementation
    #Integrations
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 2.  RE: Is there an API to check for group member status?

GENESYS
    Posted 06-18-2020 12:16
    Hey @Vaun McCarthy,

Your question came up in Episode 8 of the Genesys Cloud Q&A Show! ​Hope you can check out the answer when you get a second. 

Best,

Matt (and George) ​​​

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Manager, Online Communities

• 3.  RE: Is there an API to check for group member status?

Posted 06-18-2020 16:39
    Thanks Matt and George

I suspected this to be the case (using multiple API calls and collections).  For what I'm trying to achieve that is over complicating it.  So for now we instruct our communicate/group ring members to manually go Busy when they answer a call, or ignore the additional call-waiting alerts.  What it does mean though as well is that in the interaction timeline it shows all of the alert segments which could end up being quite a few if they forget to go Busy.

I'd definitely like to see the solution to that come through so this works closer to how hunt groups work in other telephony platforms (Cisco etc) but would also be nice to have some type of native hunt/queueing function without the need to go for a full contact centre agent setup/licence.  I understand there'll be some reluctance to do that part as it then obviously impacts on potential sales of those pieces but I also understand part of what Genesys is looking at is breaking up GC1/2/3 even further to allow for specific add-ons.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources