Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Is there a way to drain a queue of all interactions in one hit?

Posted 10-17-2019 22:46
    Hi Folks,

So, our developers let some code get away from them and by the time they fixed it, the code had dropped 190 email interactions into a queue.

Try as I might, I've not been able to find anything like a "drain queue entirely" entry in the API, and the thought of using the disconnection tool 190 times does not appeal to me.

And because the queue ID has been coded into the developers code, I also can't just delete and recreate the queue - the equivalent of turning it off and on again I suppose!

Have I overlooked something in the API?  Do I need to lodge a ticket with Genesys (did this once time when we had over 2,000 messages due to the same reason)?  Or do I have to just nuke each interaction, one at a time, until the queue is cleared?

Any thoughts and ideas would be warmly received.

thanks

C
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    ==================================
    Christian Legg
    MyBudget
    Australia

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to drain a queue of all interactions in one hit?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-18-2019 09:35
    No, there is no way to run one API command with a bunch of Conversation IDs or whatever to disconnect interactions in bulk. Support can't do it for you, either. Believe me, I've explored every avenue I could find internally...I had an error in a SIM environment and ended up with 50,000+ emails sitting in a queue. Talk about not wanting to disconnect one-by-one!

There is some sample code at https://developer.mypurecloud.com/blog/2018-02-07-disconnecting-queued-interactions/index.html where a developer wrote something in GO to iteratively disconnect chats. You can probably modify it to disconnect the emails. I haven't had time to figure out GO to modify and use this for email.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to drain a queue of all interactions in one hit?

Posted 10-21-2019 02:13
    Thanks for the prompt response and confirmation George - appreciated.

I've sent our development team formal notification that with regards to queues, our policy will now be "if you clog it, you drain it".

I'll also check out the code example - but whether I share that with the devs or not I have yet to decide...

thanks

C

Christian Legg
    MyBudget

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources