Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Concurrent Logins and Salesforce

Posted 04-26-2022 23:52

Hi, 

So we are having an issue with multiple concurent logins. 

We use the salesforce phone widget for our agents to log in to Genesys Cloud and take calls, while still being on the Salesforce platform. 

With this we get to use screen-pops in salesforce Screen pop in Genesys Cloud for Salesforce - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

Genesys also inputs call activity into salesforce for us. 

While agents are working from home due to covid lockdowns etc, and the new ways of working, they also log into Genesys Cloud to view relevant information such as dashboards, calls waiting, what the status of other agents are, and Gamification etc. 

This issue we are finding is, if the agent is logged in on the salesforce widget, and also on Genesys Cloud, they get a multitude of issues outlined in:  Why do multiple concurrent Genesys Cloud logins cause problems? - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

Specifically: 

• Unsuccessful phone interactions
    • Missed notifications
    • Unrefreshed views
    • Other inconsistent behavior

I understand the issue exists and that the answer is to use just the salesforce widget as it has the manadatory features of a screen pop and call activity entered into salesforce, but it really makes all the other features like dashboards and gamification and any future features useless if the agent can't access these without experiencing call drops etc. 

The amount of issues this causes is fairly significant when having Genesys open twice on a computer, and almost no issues when only logged in once. 

A thought on a work around would be to remove the salesforce phone widget, and all calls are completed in Genesys, however I assume that this means that we loose screen pops and call data from genesys being added into salesforce. 

So to summarize: 
    1. Screen pops in Salesforce are mandatory, and so is call data being entered into salesforce. 
    2. We need to be able to view dashboards, gamification etc in Genesys at the same time. 

Has anyone found a work around to resolve the multiple concurrent login issue? Or is there any work to resolve this? 
    Is the Salesforce phone widget required to present a Salesforce screenpop from the inbound caller in Genesys?
    #Integrations
    #RemoteWorkEnablement
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Glen Tylee
    Fonterra

• 2.  RE: Concurrent Logins and Salesforce

Posted 04-27-2022 08:28
    We have the same problem.  And this is perfect timing because I was going to post something here.   I posted this issue in the Ideas lab and it didn't progress very far.   The challenge at my company is - with agents in multiple queues, they want to see the status off all the queues.  Which require the browser, not the SalesForce client.   We also recently gave agents access to listen/view their interactions themselves - also requires the browser.   And as I see lots of the WEM presentations about employee dashboards and gamification, they also require the browser view.    When you log into 2 Web RTC sessions on one Device, Genesys does not support it.  And it causes performance issues.

My ideas lab suggestion was to create a 'non' WebRTC ability for agents to log in - so that their SalesForce CTI login would have the WebRTC/Voice/chat integration and the dashboard view would be more like a 'wallboard' (without consuming an additional license).

Has anyone else found a way to handle this?

Kyle Horton
    SAGE GLOBAL SERVICES LIMITED

• 3.  RE: Concurrent Logins and Salesforce

Posted 04-27-2022 18:09

I also submitted the idea https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-1444 @Kyle Horton, which is basically a mini dashboard that agents could view in their Phone widget. Didn't get any traction either.

I feel like the best way would be for Genesys to be able to utilize one of these buttons for a customizable dashboard. 

​​
    You could say that for agents listening to previous calls, there could be a button which is like 'History' above which could have a list of the previous calls, with a play button next to each so they could play back the call if needed.

There's already a WFM schedule in the current widget. 
    Basically they just need to build off that, and no-one would have any reason to go into Genesys when they have the salesforce integration.

Glen Tylee
    Fonterra

• 4.  RE: Concurrent Logins and Salesforce

GENESYS
    Posted 05-02-2022 12:23
    This is actually the intermediate term plan with the Salesforce embedded client, to expose a number of additional elements for inclusion within the Salesforce environment; similar to how customer journey is utilized today.  there are a number of architectural changes within the main Genesys Cloud client that will enable this, and we will be targeting much of the upcoming efforts around WEM and analytics/reporting use cases.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Concurrent Logins and Salesforce

Posted 05-02-2022 22:34

Thats excellent to hear. 

I know you won't be able to give an exact date, but would you have a rough timeframe that this could be released? 

We're very open to contributing to this initiative if required. 

Glen Tylee
    Fonterra

• 6.  RE: Concurrent Logins and Salesforce
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 05-02-2022 22:41

It's still in the investigation phase, as various sections of the UI are in different states of readiness for embedding.  For the ones that are already in a reasonable state to "lift and shift", I expect they will be included in a series of releases between late Q3 and the end of the year.  Other portions of the application that require additional development to make suitable for embedding will come later, with the timing completely TBD.  

One thing that would be incredibly helpful from my end would be a ranked list of areas of the main UI that you would find beneficial within Salesforce coupled with a brief (like one sentence) statement on what you believe you're missing by having to switch to the main app to access that feature.  Feel free to contact me directly at richard.schott@genesys.com with that if you like.  

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Concurrent Logins and Salesforce

Posted 05-03-2022 10:43
    This does sound promising @Richard Schott - should i reach out to you directly?  Because we do not only have this issue with the team within our company that uses the Salesforce CTI integrated client one region) , but also using SAP via an integrated API built by a third party (another region).  I'd be interested in the changes being planned architecturally in the Genesys client and if other integrators could take advantage of in addition to SalesForce. 

But the request - One thing that would be incredibly helpful from my end would be a ranked list of areas of the main UI that you would find beneficial within Salesforce coupled with a brief (like one sentence) statement on what you believe you're missing by having to switch to the main app to access that feature  - is the same for both environments.

Kyle Horton
    SAGE GLOBAL SERVICES LIMITED

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources