Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Data Action Permissions

Posted 07-23-2021 14:55
    Was hoping someone may be able to help here, as this is all new to me.  I am creating a data action which will be used to read items in a Genesys Cloud Data Table.  So I created the data table with the appropriate fields needed, set up a data action with the URL Template:
    /api/v2/flows/datatables/${input.DataTableID}/rows

and my key to be the callback number.  When I try to Test it, I get the following error:

8. Execute: You are not authorized to perform the requested action.
    • REST call for action execute failed. Message:Request to backend service failed. Response from web service: {"message":"Unable to perform the requested action. You are missing the following permission(s): [architect:datatable:view]","code":"missing.permissions","status":403} [8e7863f3-f6d1-43b9-adc5-56430e557ba3]

Seems straightforward to be an authorization issue, but where is that authorization?  As the logged in user, I have the appropriate permissions.  I am using the Authentication Type on the Data Action to Genesys Cloud OAuth Client.  Is this something that needs to be added there?  I don't want to mess up any permissions just because I don't fully understand something.  Any insight would be appreciated.  

Thank you.
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Daniel K

• 2.  RE: Data Action Permissions

Posted 07-25-2021 08:30
    Hello Daniel,

According to the error returned :
    [architect:datatable:view]\",\"code\":\"missing.permissions\",\"status\":403

This permission belongs to the Master Admin Role. So, in order to fix this issue, you would need to assign the Master Admin Role to your OAuth Client you have created for Genesys Cloud Data Action Integration.

To do so :
    - Click Admin
    - Under Integrations, click OAuth
    - Select your OAuth client
    - Click the Roles tab
    - Assign Master Admin
    - Click Save

Note :
    To grant roles to an OAuth client, you must have those roles assigned to your profile.

I hope it helps !

Kind Regards,

CHARAF

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    NTT France

• 3.  RE: Data Action Permissions

GENESYS
    Posted 07-26-2021 09:18
    It should also be pointed out that you can add a specific permission to the existing role assigned to the Oauth client.  That may be more straightforward than adding the entire Master Admin role to the Oauth client (which, as pointed out already, requires that your user also possess the Master Admin role in order to assign it to the Oauth client).

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources