Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Secure Pause Length

• 1.  Secure Pause Length

Posted 07-05-2019 13:57
    Is there a way to set up "Secure Pause" like it was in PureConnect where you can configure a timer of how long it pauses before it resumes?
    #QualityManagement
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Bryan De La Cruz
    GreatPlains Finance, LLC

• 2.  RE: Secure Pause Length
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 07-07-2019 22:54
    There is nothing specifically built in, no.

You can try creating a custom action in a script, based on the example at https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-secure-pause-actions-scripts/

Figure out where to throw in a Delay step, and where to throw in a Scripter Action step to set the boolean vaviable back to false. I'm not sure you could get it to work, but maybe. I haven't taken time to try and figure it out.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Secure Pause Length

GENESYS
    Posted 07-08-2019 09:21
    There is an entry in the Ideas Lab for a Secure Pause Timer, with only two votes...not a real popular item, but you can vote it up and campaign for it:

https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLDESK-I-1

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Secure Pause Length

GENESYS
    Posted 07-08-2019 09:23
    Or look into using a Secure Call flow and the Invoke Secure Flow scripter action.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Secure Pause Length

Posted 07-09-2019 12:08
    Perfect! Thanks George.

Bryan De La Cruz
    GreatPlains Finance, LLC

• 6.  RE: Secure Pause Length

Posted 05-17-2021 12:51
    I added my vote to this feature.

IMHO, this is something that should have been part of the deliverables. It was in PX and when we migrated to PC, it was lost; going from an automatic process to a manual one. Agents frequently forget to turn off the pause and recordings are incomplete. It is unfair to penalize the staff for a lack of a technical solution that existed once before.

Cheers, Daniel Y

Daniel Yates
    Interval Servicing Co. LLC

• 7.  RE: Secure Pause Length

Posted 04-04-2022 14:18
    Is there a way to do this in a scenario where agents don't use the Genesys scripts? Our agents are in the Salesforce/Genesys managed package and don't use scripts. But we want to be able to have agents turn on Secure Pause and then have it turn back off automatically after a few minutes. Are there any options to achieve this? I've posted this in the dev forum as well but no responses yet. Secure Pause Timer - Genesys Cloud Developer Forum

Casey Ramirez
    Humana Inc.

• 8.  RE: Secure Pause Length

GENESYS
    Posted 04-04-2022 14:36
    @Richard Schott any ideas on how to do this from the GC for Salesforce client side without a script? A custom button in the client, maybe, that has Salesforce run the API call, sets a timer, and runs it again?​

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 9.  RE: Secure Pause Length

GENESYS
    Posted 04-04-2022 14:42

I would take a look at the events broadcast by the Salesforce client: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/events-in-salesforce/.  From that page, there are links to examples in a Github repo that can be used as a starting point for development.  

This can send a notice that the interaction has changed, then you can invoke the method to stop secure pause.  We have had several customers that actually automatically invoked the start of a secure pause based on workflows/user actions within the Salesforce environment, then disable it as part of that workflow.  

One example I came across not long after we released these events was a customer that had a credit card payment processor embedded as a custom lightning component.  When the user clicks into the lightning component so they can start entering a credit card number to process a payment, the component invokes a secure pause on the current conversation; when the payment completes, the component sends the command to release the secure pause.  At not point does the user ever touch the call control for secure pause.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Secure Pause Length

Posted 01-19-2024 11:08

Team, since we still don't have an out-of-the-box option for setting this timer, can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I can track and report on secure pause durations?  If we can at least measure and report on this, we can train to it.  Thanks in advance. 

Shelby Cronk
    C1

• 11.  RE: Secure Pause Length

GENESYS
    Posted 01-23-2024 10:41

The duration of a secure pause can be found in the recording annotations API: https://developer.genesys.cloud/analyticsdatamanagement/recording/#get-api-v2-conversations--conversationId--recordings--recordingId--annotations.

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources