Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Questions about interactions access control

Posted 05-08-2021 09:37
    Hello there,

We have multiple queues( e.g. Queue A,B,C) under a division (e.g. CS). How do I configure the permissions on the roles so that each agent can only access the interactions/recordings of the queues of which they are members only? ( i.e. Agent who belongs to Queue A,B can only search calls from Queue A,B but not C).

Right now my approach is to create a "division" for each queue and put the queues under them (i.e. Queue A under Division A), then attach these "divisions"(which are queues actually) to the roles. but I assume there is an easier way to do this?

Thanks for your help in advance:)
    Kelvin
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Kelvin Lau
    HKBN JOS

• 2.  RE: Questions about interactions access control

Posted 05-09-2021 01:15
    Hi Kelvin

Have you  modified the role the users have been assigned?  Normally by default users can't do interaction searches and only have access to the activity on their own queues.  Where it can be tricky in what you're thinking of is the scenarios where a call may pass through to/from a queue that they are not members of, to/from one that they are.  That may make looking for those types of interactions difficult if you found a way to lock the interaction search down to only their queue membership.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Questions about interactions access control

Posted 05-09-2021 17:32
    Hi Kelvin, 

My suggestion is to work with the APIs Genesys put a lot of effort into them and the API's will only get bigger, you have more control with the APIs. We have built our own recording application for a number of our clients. We use Azure AD of the client or our own instance where clients has full control over creating division like folders that they can add and take away queues as they please. The client then logs into their Genesys Cloud using single sign on, the recording application ( a separate application) picks up this single sign on login and displays to the person only their recordings (all Genesys Cloud recording types) in their division. Their is also now drill down searching to specific recordings. The same would apply for interactions. Let me know if you need any assistance on this.    

Kind Regards

warren beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

• 4.  RE: Questions about interactions access control
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 05-10-2021 10:12
    Hi Kelvin,

For recordings, have you tried adding permission condition of Queue=A,B,C on the permission Recording > Recording > View?

For Interactions I don't think that is something supported by the product right now.  Both Analytics > Conversation Aggregate > View and Analytics > Conversation Detail > View do not support Queue as a permission condition.  It might be worthwhile logging this in the Ideas portal.

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources