Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Set of call Rules - Action Do Not Dial with Schedule Callback

Posted 11-11-2020 06:35
    Hi Community,

for an outbound campaign I use this set of call rules:
    - Pre-Call - Custom Action which identifies on an external system if the contact is to be called at that moment. The answer will identify whether to use the Do Not Dial action (skip dialing a contact) and will update a specific contact column
    - Post-Call - will check that specific contact column to define whether to perform the Schedule Callback action (schedule a return call to the contact) and update another contact column

I tried to launch the campaign, the conditions and actions on the rules all work except the reschedule of the call.

Can you tell me the reason?
    it is nowhere indicated that it cannot use the Do Not Dial action with the Schedule Callback action

Thanks
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Sergio Rota
    TechneValue GmbH

• 2.  RE: Set of call Rules - Action Do Not Dial with Schedule Callback

GENESYS
    Posted 11-12-2020 08:46

Hi Sergio, 
    The "Do Not Dial" action causes the call to not be placed, which means no wrap-up rules will be run. This is also true for the "Mark Contact as Uncallable" and "Mark Number as Uncallable" actions if used in pre-call rules. We'll work with the documentation team to clarify that in the Configure rule actions page in the resource center.
    Thanks, 

Sean Carter
    Senior Software Engineer - Outbound
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Set of call Rules - Action Do Not Dial with Schedule Callback

Posted 11-12-2020 09:47
    Hi Sean,

actually I notice that the wrapup rules are executed despite the Do Not Dial action first: I put an update of a contact field after the Schedule callback action; as I said the schedule callback does not work but the update of the field has been performed correctly.

Sergio Rota
    TechneValue GmbH

• 4.  RE: Set of call Rules - Action Do Not Dial with Schedule Callback

GENESYS
    Posted 11-13-2020 13:00
    Apologies, I must have been misremembering. Wrap-up rules are not run for certain system wrapups, but they are run if pre-call rules have run. However, the "Schedule Callback" action specifically will not be run if the call has not been placed, which will be the case if there is a "Do Not Dial" action on the pre-call rule. As far as I'm aware, this is a system limitation, and would require a Care ticket or an idea in Aha! to look into changing that behavior.
    Thanks,

Sean Carter
    Senior Software Engineer - Outbound
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources