Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  User management permissions

Posted 07-10-2019 14:29
    Edited by Matt Lawson 07-12-2019 09:14
    Anyone know the difference between the following permissions:
    General  Person Administration      Ability to edit any user's profile, edit relationships, add users, and send invite

and
    General  User Manager      Ability to update users (relationships and profiles) and send invitations

Edit and Update seem like the same thing. Person Administration seems to include the ability to create users (but why the ability to send an invitation if user creation is not permitted?).

To make things more confusing, we also have
    General  User Administration Capabilities of person_administration and user_manager plus create user, set password, and reconcile identifiers

But add (create) user is already included in Person Administration... And what is reconcile identifiers?
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Security

------------------------------
    Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 2.  RE: User management permissions
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 07-10-2019 15:01
    Both of those permissions were deprecated in April (they were not automatically deleted because...well, we don't do that because it might mess people up).

See https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/deprecation-legacy-permissions/ for the chart with the permissions you should be using instead.

Looks like Person Administration was Add, Delete while User Manager was View, Edit, Send Invite (no crossover there).

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: User management permissions

Posted 07-10-2019 16:18
    Thanks George, I had missed that.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 4.  RE: User management permissions

GENESYS
    Posted 07-10-2019 16:26
    Well...I doubt it would have popped into your head to go see if the default permissions from when your organization was created happen to have been deprecated. I've just dealt with it so much it was one of the first things that came to mind when I saw "General" in the permission name.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources