Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Multi Divisions

Posted 07-18-2020 03:59
    hi all,
    i am in the process of deploying a multi division (14) BYOC Premises Cloud solution and have a few questions\suggestions.
    i am building 1 x Call flow for all divisions.
    1. Is it possible to configure schedules or schedule groups per division or grant admins access to certain schedules\schedule groups?
    2. is it possible, or in the pipeline to allow getting a schedule or schedule group via a variable as each division has 3 different departments and each with here own office hours. due to not passing a variable the Call Flow task for hours is huge.
    3. is it possible to grant divisions access to only there Emergency, to activate\deactivate
    4. is it possible, in the pipeline, to crate User Prompts per division, giving admins access to only there division prompts, like you would do with Call Flows.

Lastly, what additional Firewall configuration is required to allow Cross-division audio, call comes in at division A and must route to division B agents, keeping in mind the entire solution is a BYOC Premises.
    #PlatformAdministration

------------------------------
    Reginald Sheraton
    Bytes Systems Integration, a Division of Altron TMT

• 2.  RE: Multi Divisions

Posted 07-25-2020 00:44
    Looks like no one took the bait, so I'll bite.  

1. Schedules are not division aware at this time.  Your flows could use any schedule available. Now, that being said, you can create a scheduling group with a specific time zone to allow it to turn on and off in that local time zone. 
    2.  Your Evaluate Schedule and Evaluate Schedule Group tools only allow selection from the drop down, so I would just loop through a bunch of them and exit the loop when you get a match or use a big switch to look at the variable and evaluate based on the match.  Either will get you where you need to be.  Put an idea on the Aha site for this.
    3.  Currently, Routing and Emergency are not division aware and you can't limit the permission scope.  My suggestion would be a quick PowerApp that turns on and off the emergency and only make it available based on group, role, or queue of the user.
    4.  Yes, this is on the roadmap, but not there yet.  I think it is on the target, so 6-12 months out.  

Audio is not division aware nor is edge or edge groups, so there is nothing special when using divisions and the edge devices.

Hope I did well.

Robert

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Multi Divisions

Posted 07-25-2020 04:16
    Most of this I think already has ideas sitting there waiting for votes or to get onto the roadmap or to actually get released.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources