Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

How to setup sms service

Anonymous Member

Anonymous Member11-19-2007 07:37

• 1.  How to setup sms service

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 10-03-2007 15:13
    Hi all. I want to setup SMS service in CIC2.4 (SU22). Can anyone answer some my questions: 1) Dose CIC server connect to SMS modem over COM port? 2) Which SMS modem should I use? (price if have :) ) 3) How to configure SMS modem to connect to CIC server? Thank alot.

• 2.  RE: How to setup sms service

GENESYS
    Posted 10-03-2007 19:41
    The only service SMS Server has been designed to work with (so far) is Netsize in EMEA. If you want to use a different SMS Service provider, you would have to make a request to Interactive Intelligence, and the developer would have to see if he can get it configured. Here is some info I was able to dig up: Integration with Netsize Been around since xIC 2.3.1 This integration is rather for very big accounts, i.e. that send and receive a lot of SMS. The subscription to Netsize services (that has to be done by the customer) is rather expensive. Works in EMEA. From their website, they would operate in the US, but we haven't verified that. Integration with Standard GSM Cellphones/Modems Allows to connect SMS Modems to the serial port of the computer. We have been successful with the Siemens TC35i GSM Dual band 900/1800 modem. This modem works in EMEA and presumably in APAC. We still have to try a US GSM modem. The SMS Gateway, the ININ component responsible to talk to the modem and to honor SMS Server's requests, can be installed on the xIC server itself, or remotely on a peer server. The latter allows to put a server in a spot where the GSM signal is strong enough. SMS Gateway does not support sharing itself amongst several xIC servers.

• 3.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 11-14-2007 17:27
    Hey George, To what address at InIn do we place a request for additioanl SMS providers? Thanks, Felice

• 4.  RE: How to setup sms service

GENESYS
    Posted 11-14-2007 18:36
    Let me know which one(s) you want, and I will forward the request to the Product Managers.

• 5.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 11-19-2007 07:37
    Thank for reply.

• 6.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 11-25-2007 20:37
    you may want to look into the system_incomingsms handler and see how the SMS is received and also treated from there onwards. From looking at the handler it seems the SMS is sent to an email inbox and then assigned to agents via email routing. Because of this you may want to see if your SMS provider can send SMS messages directly to an email address.

• 7.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 11-29-2007 09:37
    Soundp, I have ININ's SMSGateway subsystem application which allows you to use your GSM Modem attached to your IC servers com port for SMS communication. I have successfuly tested it with Siemens TC35 GSM modem. It works as an additional IC subsytem and probably will be included on next IC releases as a default susbsytem. Let me know if sms modem is your only option I will send it to you. Oktay

• 8.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 01-21-2008 03:25
    Now I had TC35i siemens modem, how can I config it in IA?

• 9.  RE: How to setup sms service

GENESYS
    Posted 01-22-2008 14:29
    You should use the "Short Message Services" technical reference document Appendix A (in your server's documentation library) for info on how to configure the modem as a serial port. First you have to install the SMS Gateway service (which I presume you have done), then use the Broker Configuration Wizard to set up your modem as a serial port (I think the fileds just reference cell phones, but that is where you set up the modem as well).

• 10.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 01-24-2008 06:11
    This sounds interesting, can we set this up also on APAC? our country uses GSM also so I was wondering if we can do the same like EMEA? I3 Presales says that this is only applicable for SMS broker but isn't that SMS broker is a company that has hardware called SMSC ( SMS centers ) and all the mobile provider here has SMSC as well so I was hoping this will apply to APAC. By the way, is the SMSgateway service that you need to install is by default installed on 2.4? I can see that I have SMSServer subsystem running on my IC system manager so is it installed then?

• 11.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 01-25-2008 07:19
    Hi Folks, I also read that you can use bluetooth enabled celphone as a GSM modem? ANyone tried this?

• 12.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 01-28-2008 04:19
    Hi GGanahl, when I config SMS modem in IA, it required .I3Cell file, how can I get this file?

• 13.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 01-28-2008 08:48
    Here, this all you need for having a broker free SMS Messaging. It includes the I3Cell files too. As documented you can use any operators SIM Card. Oktay

• 14.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 01-30-2008 04:34
    Thank Oktay.Kemal. now I'm testing.

• 15.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 02-01-2008 03:25
    Hi Oktay.Kemal, after made testing, I got error in SMSGateway log: 10:23:22.890_5114[2688 / Worker]:Job:: JOB::SMSGatewayRequest_Check : Phone Exception caught: Phone Error while performing command [Select Preferred Message Storage]. SerialPort Error echo data: [AT+CPMS="ME"] does not match the sent data. And the same error in SMSServer log: Broker::Cellphone::MessagePump : While querying port: 0 Error Number: 8. Error Text: Phone Error while performing command [List Message]. SerialPort Error echo data: [AT+CMGL=0] does not match the sent data

• 16.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 02-01-2008 08:44
    The zip file that I provided worked fine for me with Siemens TC35 GSM Modem. I was able to send and receive sms messages. Maybe there is a problem with your serial port, irq conflict or GSM modem.

• 17.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 10-03-2008 01:56
    now if works fine. Thank for help.

• 18.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 09-14-2010 18:59
    can you guys share how do you setup cic further to recieve and send sms is it al being done in handlers

• 19.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 08-03-2009 11:48
    Originally posted by Oktay.Kemal;10601
    Here, this all you need for having a broker free SMS Messaging. It includes the I3Cell files too. As documented you can use any operators SIM Card. Oktay
    Is this zip current? I haven't found any software related to SMS gateway in the support portal. Maybe now it is integrated in IC by SMSServerU? (talking about 3.0) Which GSM/GPRS MODEMs are suggested? (except the two Siemens models I already found as tested)

• 20.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 12-21-2009 06:10
    Nice post. It is really helpful to me. Your post is very interesting and I teach something new over here. Nice information. My heartiest thanks for sharing.

• 21.  RE: How to setup sms service

Posted 07-09-2020 17:04
    Hello George,

Im trying to implement SMS Campaign in Pureconnect Dialer.

With current SMS feature  - I created SMS type as behavior to send message.But issue is i get both call and message.
    Using custom handler feature also i receive SMS and Call.
    How to avoid calls.Just SMS should be triggered.

------------------------------
    Gopalakrishnan Mahadevan
    Accenture India
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources