PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Listen In/Monitor calls

Posted 07-31-2008 18:14
    Hello, I've got a user (non-supervisor) who needs to be able to listen to and monitor other agent's calls. He already has the permissions (Listen In On Calls) and the correct buttons, but whenever he clicks on an active call in that queue, those buttons stay greyed-out. Am I missing something? Thanks

• 2.  RE: Listen In/Monitor calls

GENESYS
    Posted 07-31-2008 18:17
    Yes. He must also be granted "Modify User Queue" rights or "Modify Workgroup Queue" rights under Access Control for the users/workgroups you want him to monitor.

• 3.  RE: Listen In/Monitor calls

Posted 07-31-2008 18:53
    Hi George, He already had all of that, but it still wasn't working, even after logging out and back into the Client. I just had him reboot his pc and now it works fine. Thanks again!

• 4.  RE: Listen In/Monitor calls

GENESYS
    Posted 07-31-2008 18:58
    Weird...all I can think of is maybe something got cached and wouldn't clear until the reboot. In the future you might try going into Task Manager and killing the I3ACA.exe process. That should clear anything in the security credentials cache for the Client (and any other apps like Interaction Administrator or Supervisor), then run the Client again.

• 5.  RE: Listen In/Monitor calls

Posted 01-19-2021 08:25
    Hi George,

in which custom role do I find the "Modify User Queue"  or "Modify Workgroup Queue" rights? Secondly, is there an option to live coach the agent remotely, which enables a supervisor talking to an agent during the call?

Best
    Pierre

------------------------------
    Pierre SĂĽptitz

Postcode Lottery LimitedTeamleiter Kundendienst (Customer Service TeamLeader)
    ------------------------------

• 6.  RE: Listen In/Monitor calls

Posted 01-19-2021 10:41
    Pierre,

There isn't really a specific custom role you should use. I would create one for these users (one for each set of queues that need to be separately accessed.)
    In terms of coaching..

The Listen right / button allows a user to hear the call.
    The Coach right / button allows a user to speak to only the agent
    The Join right / button allows a user to "conference in" to the call (both ends can hear them.)

HTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources