PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Playing music while Querying Database

Posted 10-15-2008 07:06
    I have a handler in CIC 2.2 doing a database query using the DB Stored Procedure step. The stored procedure is taking really long (the Informix database is slow) to return a result set. To the caller, this is a really long pause of silence. Is there a way to play a music or message while waiting for the database query to complete? The music should stop playing as soon as the the DB Fetch step could be reached.

• 2.  RE: Playing music while Querying Database

Posted 10-15-2008 13:29
    Right before you execute the DB query, use the Hold toolstep (telephony tab). As soon as it returns, use the PickUp toolstep on the call. If you want to play a specific file (it will loop) you set the OnHoldAudioFile to a filename that exists in the resources directory. You might want to cache the value and then reset it to the existing after you are done with this.

• 3.  RE: Playing music while Querying Database

Posted 10-16-2008 02:59
    Hi Loucks, Thanks for the suggestion. I tested it out on CIC2.4 and it works. Now to try it in CIC2.2. I currently have Hold step's parameter claim control of this call = false. Pick Up step's claim control of this call = true, and Move Call to System Queue= false. Going to do a few more tests to see if this serves my purpose. Thanks again.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources