PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Installing Interaction Web Services (SU10) gives error 2343

• 1.  Installing Interaction Web Services (SU10) gives error 2343

Posted 12-03-2010 23:25
    Anyone, At my test enviroment i'm trying to install the webservices to 'play with' the webchat function. IIS, .NET 3.0, j2se, Tomcat is all installed. When trying to install, IIS and Tomcat are regonised. Filling in the credentials (administrator rights) and selecting the website (default) I get the error: "Installer had encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with the package. The error code is 2343." Anyone else with is error? Of better, a solution?? Thnx a lot. Emil

• 2.  RE: Installing Interaction Web Services (SU10) gives error 2343

GENESYS
    Posted 12-04-2010 14:16
    What version of Tomcat did you have installed? If not the supported version (5.5.9) Web Services does not install correctly.

• 3.  RE: Installing Interaction Web Services (SU10) gives error 2343

Posted 12-05-2010 20:08
    I did install tomcat 5.5.31 manualy because the version on the cd did not install automaticly. I uninstalled this version and tryed the install again, but no success. After starting the install, IIS is detected, tomcat would be installed on the default location, I enter the (local) administrator and password, choose the default website,... Same error as before. Any hints? Regards, Emil

• 4.  RE: Installing Interaction Web Services (SU10) gives error 2343

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 12-06-2010 14:34
    Emil, I am one of the programmers of this product. I have asked our Install Team for clarification on what error 2343 indicates. I'll reply to this thread again once I hear back from them. Thank you, Jon Keller

• 5.  RE: Installing Interaction Web Services (SU10) gives error 2343

Posted 12-06-2010 14:37
    Also, Mr. Ganahl, could you please tell me which versions of Tomcat aren't working for you? It is our intention that if you install any Tomcat 5.x before installing WebServices, it should work. Are you talking about some new issue with SU10, or have you been having these problems earlier as well? Thank you, Jon

• 6.  RE: Installing Interaction Web Services (SU10) gives error 2343

Posted 12-06-2010 16:04
    Emil, I got a response from the Install Team. Could you please turn on Windows Installer logging as specified here: http://www.appdeploy.com/msierrors/detail.asp?id=134 ...then retry, and submit your logs? Thank you!

• 7.  RE: Installing Interaction Web Services (SU10) gives error 2343

Posted 12-06-2010 19:49
    ok,.. added the registry value and ran setup again. Log is zipped and attached. (i think) Thnx for looking, no hurry. Emil

• 8.  RE: Installing Interaction Web Services (SU10) gives error 2343

Posted 12-07-2010 16:17
    Emil, I have passed your logs onto our Install team. However, in speaking with my manager about your situation, he suggested that you contact support to create a case for this. Thank you, Jon

• 9.  RE: Installing Interaction Web Services (SU10) gives error 2343

Posted 12-07-2010 22:34
    Jon, Thnx for your afford, but since this is just a test system, and I’m just using it for personal education, I don't want to create a support case for this. I’ll be patient for any tips. Kind regards, Emil

• 10.  RE: Installing Interaction Web Services (SU10) gives error 2343

GENESYS
    Posted 12-08-2010 17:51
    Here is one entry that jumps out at me fromthe log: MSI (c) (E0:78) [20:44:44:498]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding DOTNET30REQUIREMENT_DESC property. Its value is 'This install requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 or greater. Please install the .NET framework and run the install again. The .NET Framework installation program and further information is available on the Support Web site or from the IC_ClientPreReqs share on the IC Server.'. Do you have .NET 3.0 installed on that server?

• 11.  RE: Installing Interaction Web Services (SU10) gives error 2343

Posted 12-09-2010 11:54
    George, yes, .Net is installed. .Net 2.0 sp2 .Net 3.0 sp2 .Net 3.5 sp1 Web admin and Web client are running without any problems. Regards, Emil

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources