PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Email Attendant Priority Routing

Posted 08-22-2011 13:08
    CIC 3.0 SU 11 I am setting up priority routing for emails for two different workgroups. I would like workgroup A to route over Workgroup B, no matter how long emails have been waiting in workgroup B. I have workgroup A set at a priority of 100 and workgroup B set at 50. However Workgroup B emails are routing before workgroup A. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this and how I can fix it? Thanks Lee

• 2.  RE: Email Attendant Priority Routing

Posted 08-22-2011 17:29
    Unfortunately, the ACD subsystem calculations do not include "always" and "never" logic. All data regarding an interaction and the agents available to handle it are processed through two different formulas (one for interaction selection and one for agent selection) that determine the next call to be assigned and the agent to assign the call to. Those formulas can be tweaked and weighted quite a bit, but the possibility will virtually always exist that an interaction will be handled in an order other than you would wish or an agent will be presented a call in an order other than you would wish due to the calculations made in those formulas. One way to get closer to this goal is to change the reduce for time in queue (for interaction) or time since last interaction (for agent). Keep in mind that modifying the components of these formulas requires handler customizations and can have unintended consequences. I highly recommend reading carefully through the ACD documents provided in the Technical Reference Documents section of the IC Documentation Library.

• 3.  RE: Email Attendant Priority Routing

Posted 08-22-2011 17:53
    Thanks! This may help.

• 4.  RE: Email Attendant Priority Routing

Posted 08-23-2011 09:30
    In the meantime and to get closer to you target, you could try to reduce the interaction priority for workgroup B from 50 to a lower value (like 5, for example). As interaction priority has a direct impact on interactions scores calculated by the CIC ACD engine and these scores determine which queue interaction will be delivered to an agent first, reducing this value will make interactions in queue A score comparatively higher than those in queue B, even for high waiting times.

• 5.  RE: Email Attendant Priority Routing

Posted 08-24-2011 22:50
    This sounds like a plan too. I will give this a shot as well. Thanks

• 6.  RE: Email Attendant Priority Routing

Posted 08-30-2011 02:47
    How are you routing the emails? Via Email Attendant? A bug was found causing priority for emails routed through Email Attendant to not get set properly. If you're running into this bug (contact support to confirm), an ES was released for SU12. Here is the SCR number: IC-83635 This is just a guess/assumption based on your original post, and like I said, should be confirmed with ININ Support.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources