PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Getting logged in user in Addin

Posted 09-22-2011 06:22
    Hi, Does anyone know how to get the user id of the currently logged in user from the addin api? I need it to change the user status. I have browsed through the Add-In technical reference, but can't find any class or interface dealing with user id or agent. I see that some of the Interaction classes contains UserName, but I would like to get the user name without having an interaction. I appreciate any comments or experience with the add-in api.

• 2.  RE: Getting logged in user in Addin

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 09-22-2011 15:15
    As you may have discovered by now, there is no way to retrieve this value from the Add-In API itself. In order to change the user's status, you're going to need to use IceLib, and if you're using IceLib you can get the user's ID from the Session object. (Based on your more recent posts, I think you've got this, I just wanted to follow up to be sure.)

• 3.  RE: Getting logged in user in Addin

Posted 09-23-2011 06:43
    Hi, and thanks for the update. Seems like this is not possible. I was told that it was possible by our pre-sales contact, but they wouldn't tell me how. I see that the InteractionAttributes class contains username. Perhaps I could start an outbound interaction, then get the username from the interaction, and then kill the interaction before it is connected. Sounds dirty.

• 4.  RE: Getting logged in user in Addin

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 09-23-2011 14:06
    Yes, that is a bit "dirty" or we would say "it's a hack". (You've been hanging around Colin too much, I think. :) ) If you can get access to the IceLib Session, then I would retrieve that and get the User Id from it. (Consult the IceLib documentation for where to get that property - but I believe it's directly on the Session object.)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources