PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How would you implement a 2 attempts per day rule?

Posted 06-21-2012 16:26
    Dialer 3.0 SU13 I need to set up a 2 call attempts per day policy and was wondering if anyone else has done this and how they accomplished it. I'm thinking I could set up a Disposition policy to write the call date and daily attempts (custom field) to the call list table and then check those columns with a Pre Call policy and if the call date = todays date and daily attempts = 2 then do not dial. But honestly, I'm not even sure if this is possible yet. Regards, Patrick Workman

• 2.  RE: How would you implement a 2 attempts per day rule?

Posted 06-21-2012 20:48
    Originally posted by workman;25821
    Dialer 3.0 SU13 I need to set up a 2 call attempts per day policy and was wondering if anyone else has done this and how they accomplished it. I'm thinking I could set up a Disposition policy to write the call date and daily attempts (custom field) to the call list table and then check those columns with a Pre Call policy and if the call date = todays date and daily attempts = 2 then do not dial. But honestly, I'm not even sure if this is possible yet. Regards, Patrick Workman
    Yes, this policy works but there will be extra records with "Skipped" reason code in your CallHistory (CH0) table. You can use autoschedule settings and for Busy, NoAnswer, Machine, Fax and Hang Up reasons you can schedule them to 300 min (5 hrs) later. So in a working day, one record can only be dialed twice. It's a more healty way but for it won't work for SIT reasons.

• 3.  RE: How would you implement a 2 attempts per day rule?

GENESYS
    Posted 07-26-2012 00:36
    Originally posted by bach-dr;25824
    Yes, this policy works but there will be extra records with "Skipped" reason code in your CallHistory (CH0) table. You can use autoschedule settings and for Busy, NoAnswer, Machine, Fax and Hang Up reasons you can schedule them to 300 min (5 hrs) later. So in a working day, one record can only be dialed twice. It's a more healty way but for it won't work for SIT reasons.
    I would be very careful with doing this...When you use autoscheduling for everything, you could potentially end up with an excess of scheduled "O" status calls in the later part of the day. Then when agents log in the following morning, they will only be processing the "O" status records for X amount of time because they are overdue. Recommending is as follows: 1) Keep autoschedule settings default. 2) Create a policy that increments the attempts per day in lets say a custom column in the call list called "AttemptsPerDay". 3) Create a filter that excludes records that have 'AttemptsPerDay > 2' that way when a call list is recycled it will not include those records to be cached ever. 4) Reset the AttemptsPerDay column values to 0 every morning before dialing.

• 4.  RE: How would you implement a 2 attempts per day rule?

Posted 08-03-2012 15:43
    Originally posted by Eric_N;26097
    Recommending is as follows: 1) Keep autoschedule settings default. 2) Create a policy that increments the attempts per day in lets say a custom column in the call list called "AttemptsPerDay". 3) Create a filter that excludes records that have 'AttemptsPerDay > 2' that way when a call list is recycled it will not include those records to be cached ever. 4) Reset the AttemptsPerDay column values to 0 every morning before dialing.
    This is exactly how we do it. For the reset back to 0 we run a stored procedure scheduled on the sql server.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources