PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How can i watch the user queue with ASP.NET MVC 5 app?

Posted 10-22-2017 23:21
    I have an application that is written on the top of Asp.Net MVC 5 framework. I want to use the IceLib to allow the user to interact with the phone system like place, pause, resume, create a conference calls, etc... However, I am not sure how I would watch the events in MVC based app. Do I need to check the user-queue for changes every second like we would with ICWS? Do I log the user in on every TCP request or is there a way to create a session between the app and the phone server then save that in MVC session? If there is a way to create a session, how do I keep it alive as long as the user is active on my application? Is there an example, on how to use the IceLib with an ASP.NET MVC application that I can review to understand the overall idea? Thank you for your help

• 2.  RE: How can i watch the user queue with ASP.NET MVC 5 app?

Posted 10-23-2017 16:17
    I'd be interested in hearing about this topic as well as we're going to be implementing some features for web use soon here. IIRC, the ICElib library basically allows a process to subscribe to notifications from a worker thread of some kind. If so, my plan was to spawn a thread that would subscribe to and handle those notifications by triggering various woo woo in the app. I am leaning towards web sockets myself, but failing that a long poll would be the way I'd go.

• 3.  RE: How can i watch the user queue with ASP.NET MVC 5 app?

Posted 10-23-2017 17:03
    Onetime to use ICWS with a long-poll request, and that just killed my web-server when I had 25+ users connected at the same time. The reason the web-server crashed, is because of the amount of the TCP connection. I forgot the exact details but it has some to do with not able to reuse the TCP connection or not closing the old connection I believe. But, if your going the ICWS route, your best be would be a web socket if your using ICWS not long-poll. I am hoping IceLib has a better solution that having relay of the JS and the browser. Another question would be, should I be using IceLib with Asp.Net MVC app or should I use ICWS?

• 4.  RE: How can i watch the user queue with ASP.NET MVC 5 app?

Posted 10-24-2017 16:24
    Originally posted by malhayek;36098
    Onetime to use ICWS with a long-poll request, and that just killed my web-server when I had 25+ users connected at the same time. The reason the web-server crashed, is because of the amount of the TCP connection. I forgot the exact details but it has some to do with not able to reuse the TCP connection or not closing the old connection I believe. But, if your going the ICWS route, your best be would be a web socket if your using ICWS not long-poll. I am hoping IceLib has a better solution that having relay of the JS and the browser. Another question would be, should I be using IceLib with Asp.Net MVC app or should I use ICWS?
    I can't speak to the general case, but I plan to use ICElib myself in order to cut down the overhead of having another webservice between me and ININ; ICElib should be much faster, and should offer all that ICWS does and more, no?

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources