PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Phone time change a week early

• 1.  Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-05-2018 13:46
    where we are puling the time from, primary IC server, has the correct time, but the phone have jumped ahead a week early it seems. How\where do we check to determine when the phones are to spring forward? TIA Shurla

• 2.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-05-2018 14:32
    Originally posted by shurla5;36799
    where we are puling the time from, primary IC server, has the correct time, but the phone have jumped ahead a week early it seems. How\where do we check to determine when the phones are to spring forward? TIA Shurla
    Sorry - we are using Polycom IP 335 and 430s Shurla

• 3.  RE: Phone time change a week early

GENESYS
    Posted 03-05-2018 14:44
    I would first look at DHCP to see if Option 004 (Time Server) or Option 042 (NTP/SNTP server) is set to tell the phone where to get it's time setting. The Location settings under Regionalization also have a setting to tell entities whether to get their time from the IC server or another source, so check that setting in IA as well. Also, on the phone itself, press the Menu button, Status, TCP/IP Parameters, and scroll down to the SNTP Address - that should tell you where the phone is getting its time from.

• 4.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-05-2018 14:52
    Originally posted by GGanahl;36801
    I would first look at DHCP to see if Option 004 (Time Server) or Option 042 (NTP/SNTP server) is set to tell the phone where to get it's time setting. The Location settings under Regionalization also have a setting to tell entities whether to get their time from the IC server or another source, so check that setting in IA as well. Also, on the phone itself, press the Menu button, Status, TCP/IP Parameters, and scroll down to the SNTP Address - that should tell you where the phone is getting its time from.
    And all three of those locations have the correct time, just the phones are wrong. Thanks, Shurla

• 5.  RE: Phone time change a week early

GENESYS
    Posted 03-05-2018 14:59
    What does the GMT Offset show on the phone? Is that correct? (In Status just below the SNTP Server info)

• 6.  RE: Phone time change a week early

GENESYS
    Posted 03-05-2018 15:00
    I forgot to ask what version of IC...I have a memory of there being a problem withing the past few years of phones shifting to DST early...vague memory...

• 7.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-05-2018 15:21
    Originally posted by GGanahl;36804
    I forgot to ask what version of IC...I have a memory of there being a problem withing the past few years of phones shifting to DST early...vague memory...
    We have the same issue today, and the same last year at this time. Phones are Polycom VVX400 mostly. Server is 2016R4 patch 2. I am told a patch will fix it, but it seems this minor setting should be able to be adjusted. When I review the Polycom config files, they are correct. We have a few phones that are not managed, and because they use config files delivered via TFTP, they are fine. The month/date/start time of DST is correct. We had hoped we would be allowed to patch before this date, but budget didn't allow for it yet.

• 8.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-05-2018 15:23
    Originally posted by GGanahl;36803
    What does the GMT Offset show on the phone? Is that correct? (In Status just below the SNTP Server info)
    On the phone itself, SNTP is blank, and GMT offset is -0. So I don't think these values are displaying from the phone menu.

• 9.  RE: Phone time change a week early

GENESYS
    Posted 03-05-2018 15:45
    That just means they are not set by DHCP. So, it would go back to the Time Zone setting on the Managed IP Phone configuration and the Time Server setting in the Location.

• 10.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-05-2018 16:12
    Originally posted by GGanahl;36807
    That just means they are not set by DHCP. So, it would go back to the Time Zone setting on the Managed IP Phone configuration and the Time Server setting in the Location.
    This is set correctly. However, I can change it to a different time zone and restart the phone. This would be a workaround for us if we wanted to restart all of our phones tonight, and then again over the weekend....

• 11.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-05-2018 16:14
    We have this too 2016 R4 P5. As I understand this is fixed in patch 6 (or any other upgrade). I don't know the number of the KB article, but here is an excerpt: What is occurring is some versions of CIC are passing an incorrect value for Daylight Savings Time (DST) to the phone: tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.fixedDayEnable="0" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.month="3" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date="1" This has been resolved IC-140435, where the parameter is changed to an 8 indicating the second Sunday of the month: tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.fixedDayEnable="0" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.month="3" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date="8"

• 12.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-05-2018 16:44
    Originally posted by tcannon;36809
    We have this too 2016 R4 P5. As I understand this is fixed in patch 6 (or any other upgrade). I don't know the number of the KB article, but here is an excerpt: What is occurring is some versions of CIC are passing an incorrect value for Daylight Savings Time (DST) to the phone: tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.fixedDayEnable="0" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.month="3" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date="1" This has been resolved IC-140435, where the parameter is changed to an 8 indicating the second Sunday of the month: tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.fixedDayEnable="0" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.month="3" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date="8"
    Where would I find these settings? I can see them in our stand alone phones, but where does the provisioning server hold these settings? Thanks, Nicole

• 13.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-05-2018 17:17
    Originally posted by nofon4u;36810
    Where would I find these settings? I can see them in our stand alone phones, but where does the provisioning server hold these settings? Thanks, Nicole
    That's what I'm interested in seeing as well. Shurla

• 14.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-05-2018 17:13
    the time offset is set to 0. Yes it did happen either last year or the year before. We are running 2105 r3. Shurla

• 15.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-06-2018 16:48
    Can you all fix this please, so we don't do this next year, or give us the work around

• 16.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-05-2018 18:45
    We are running 2018 R1 Patch 5 and had the same issue, so i don't think it is corrected in a higher version. To correct in our network i simple did a reload from Managed IP Phones, which pushed the correct time, without causing any active calls to drop or the phone to reboot.

• 17.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-05-2018 19:10
    Every Year we have this can we please get a resolution

• 18.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-05-2018 19:34
    Originally posted by llneely;36814
    Every Year we have this can we please get a resolution
    AMEN to that! Shurla

• 19.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-05-2018 19:41
    Originally posted by shurla5;36816
    AMEN to that! Shurla
    If they wait a week we will forget about it :)

• 20.  RE: Phone time change a week early

GENESYS
    Posted 03-08-2018 14:05
    Originally posted by llneely;36818
    If they wait a week we will forget about it :)
    As mentioned by tcannon earlier in the thread, it was already fixed long ago. You have to upgrade to a newer patch or release.

• 21.  RE: Phone time change a week early

GENESYS
    Posted 03-08-2018 14:11
    Originally posted by GGanahl;36832
    As mentioned by tcannon earlier in the thread, it was already fixed long ago. You have to upgrade to a newer patch or release.
    Of course, Scott says he has the same problem in 2018 R1 p5, so quite possibly a regression along the way :-( Submit support tickets, make sure it is documented.

• 22.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-05-2018 19:34
    Originally posted by swilliams164;36813
    We are running 2018 R1 Patch 5 and had the same issue, so i don't think it is corrected in a higher version. To correct in our network i simple did a reload from Managed IP Phones, which pushed the correct time, without causing any active calls to drop or the phone to reboot.
    Very interesting, I've rebooted my phone multiple times but it doesn't change the time. Shurla

• 23.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-05-2018 19:41
    I used PolycomSim.exe to simulate registering one of the phones. Those configuration settings are in phone configuration file that is sent to the phones when they register.

• 24.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-08-2018 16:53
    Originally posted by swilliams164;36813
    2018 R1 had the same issue? Just a reload fixed it? No adjustment to time zone offset? Thanks, Nicole

• 25.  RE: Phone time change a week early

Posted 03-08-2018 17:37
    Originally posted by nofon4u;36837
    2018 R1 had the same issue? Just a reload fixed it? No adjustment to time zone offset? Thanks, Nicole
    Yes that is all i had to do, i didn't make any other changes other then a reload the phones.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources