PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Tool step to query if an agent is active on a conference between two or more members

Posted 10-27-2017 18:12
    Hi, I would like to create an event that would get triggered when an agent disconnects from a conference and I am having a little trouble determining which tool steps/handlers to use to identify if an agent is connected every three seconds of the conference. I am thinking about identifying the agent in a custom monitor handler at the beginning of the conference by an attribute like get station connected, or get user id connected, and then query if station or user ID is still connected every 3 seconds. I am guessing there would be an easier way to do this but I am just checking to see if anyone recommends anything while I continue researching this. Thank you for your time an help. Here is a scenario: 1. Client calls agent. 2. Agent handles client intake and dials out to a 3rd party. 3. 3rd party, agent and client are conferencing. 4. Agent hangs up. -Trigger event to stop recording the call right when the agent hangs up, and I have the recording stop mechanism in place and working I just need to figure out how to monitor if an agent is still connected or not. 5. Client and 3rd party are left in the conference.

• 2.  RE: Tool step to query if an agent is active on a conference between two or more members

Posted 10-30-2017 20:23
    Originally posted by vincent.moore;36156
    Hi, I would like to create an event that would get triggered when an agent disconnects from a conference and I am having a little trouble determining which tool steps/handlers to use to identify if an agent is connected every three seconds of the conference. I am thinking about identifying the agent in a custom monitor handler at the beginning of the conference by an attribute like get station connected, or get user id connected, and then query if station or user ID is still connected every 3 seconds. I am guessing there would be an easier way to do this but I am just checking to see if anyone recommends anything while I continue researching this. Thank you for your time an help. Here is a scenario: 1. Client calls agent. 2. Agent handles client intake and dials out to a 3rd party. 3. 3rd party, agent and client are conferencing. 4. Agent hangs up. -Trigger event to stop recording the call right when the agent hangs up, and I have the recording stop mechanism in place and working I just need to figure out how to monitor if an agent is still connected or not. 5. Client and 3rd party are left in the conference.
    I would approach this from a more passive standpoint myself. I would have a Call Monitor handler watching for notification event "PartyRemovedFromConference" and trigger the stop recording code from there if the disconnected party is an agent (you should be able to get the details on which interaction to stop recording from from the initiator variables, I think).

• 3.  RE: Tool step to query if an agent is active on a conference between two or more members

Posted 10-30-2017 22:18
    Originally posted by samandiriel;36167
    I would approach this from a more passive standpoint myself. I would have a Call Monitor handler watching for notification event "PartyRemovedFromConference" and trigger the stop recording code from there if the disconnected party is an agent (you should be able to get the details on which interaction to stop recording from from the initiator variables, I think).
    Thank you, I will try this out and see if I can make it work and update the conversation. I appreciate the suggestion.

• 4.  RE: Tool step to query if an agent is active on a conference between two or more members

Posted 10-30-2017 22:21
    Originally posted by vincent.moore;36168
    Thank you, I will try this out and see if I can make it work and update the conversation. I appreciate the suggestion.
    You're most welcome! Feel free to hit me up, I've stuck my fingers into conferencing a couple times now so perhaps I can save you a burn or two when you do likewise :)

• 5.  RE: Tool step to query if an agent is active on a conference between two or more members

Posted 10-31-2017 19:36
    Originally posted by samandiriel;36169
    You're most welcome! Feel free to hit me up, I've stuck my fingers into conferencing a couple times now so perhaps I can save you a burn or two when you do likewise :)
    I searched around for the "PartyRemovedFromConference" attribute and couldn't seem to get the query conference tool step to get values from this, however I am currently using the Eic_State attribute and that seems to be working. I query the conference for the Eic_State and convert it to a sState string, and when call state of the client interaction and if the condition is "C" for connected than I put a sleep timer tool step for three seconds and then loop back to the query and when the agent hangs up, the call state is changed and then I send it through the stop recording tool step and this seems to work OK so far. I am still trying to figure out how to get a the Call Monitor initiator to watch for notification "PartyRemovedFromConference" event .

• 6.  RE: Tool step to query if an agent is active on a conference between two or more members

Posted 10-31-2017 19:50
    Originally posted by vincent.moore;36180
    I searched around for the "PartyRemovedFromConference" attribute I am still trying to figure out how to get a the Call Monitor initiator to watch for notification "PartyRemovedFromConference" event .
    Sorry, victim of the inconsistent naming schemes in CIC here. It's "CallRemovedFromConference" :P [ATTACH]896[/ATTACH]

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources