PureConnect

 View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Handler information

    Posted 07-10-2017 18:11
    I am looking for more information about the handlers for SMS. Is there any documentation about each handler specifically? I'm testing SMS, and a lot of automated messages are generated. It appears a handler is sending them. I would like to see any notes available about the handler to determine if we will need to customize it or if we can work with the default flow. Thanks, Nicole


  • 2.  RE: Handler information

    GENESYS
    Posted 07-10-2017 18:14
    No, they don't document individual handlers. They haven't since CIC 2.2 or so.


  • 3.  RE: Handler information

    Posted 07-10-2017 18:33
    Originally posted by GGanahl;35461
    No, they don't document individual handlers. They haven't since CIC 2.2 or so.
    OK. Thank you for the quick response.


  • 4.  RE: Handler information

    GENESYS
    Posted 07-10-2017 18:52
    Obviously, there are a lot of SMS handlers. Since I don't have SMS set up on my system, I can't reproduce what you are seeing, but I might be able to dig up some info. What are you seeing? Automated messages coming back when you test inbound? What is the text in those automated messages? The only "SMS Send" toolstep instance is in System_OutgoingSMSGenericObject by default. I'm not seeing an automated response, as I go through the handler sequence...but I can't put them in debug to see what is really happening.


  • 5.  RE: Handler information

    Posted 07-10-2017 20:23
    Originally posted by GGanahl;35463
    Obviously, there are a lot of SMS handlers. Since I don't have SMS set up on my system, I can't reproduce what you are seeing, but I might be able to dig up some info. What are you seeing? Automated messages coming back when you test inbound? What is the text in those automated messages? The only "SMS Send" toolstep instance is in System_OutgoingSMSGenericObject by default. I'm not seeing an automated response, as I go through the handler sequence...but I can't put them in debug to see what is really happening.
    When the SMS arrives, CIC returns three messages to the sender: 1. "Interaction transferred to [user]" 2. "Welcome to IC!" (hopefully i can change this to my organization name easily) 3. Alerting: [name] I'm guessing they are coming from "CustomSMSRoutingToHandler" which is mentioned in the SMS technical resource. I was just hoping for a bit more info on this handler. Thanks, Nicole


  • 6.  RE: Handler information

    Posted 07-10-2017 20:53
    Originally posted by nofon4u;35464
    When the SMS arrives, CIC returns three messages to the sender: 1. "Interaction transferred to [user]" 2. "Welcome to IC!" (hopefully i can change this to my organization name easily) 3. Alerting: [name] I'm guessing they are coming from "CustomSMSRoutingToHandler" which is mentioned in the SMS technical resource. I was just hoping for a bit more info on this handler. Thanks, Nicole
    My guess was wrong :) I'll check some of the other handlers.


  • 7.  RE: Handler information

    GENESYS
    Posted 07-10-2017 21:17
    It sounds like your SMS is being routed as Chat (a feature). There are iWeb Strings that are automatically sent as responses in that scenario. Did you run "SendCustomNotification Set IWeb Strings" somewhere along the way when you were setting up SMS? There is also an option to set a custom attribute on the iWeb Strings settinss, I think, for SMS, which turns the auto-response off: CUSTOM::SMS OPTION:Block All Auto-Responses Otherwise you should be able to see the strings being sent in Interaction Administrator under System Configuratio>Web Services>Web Services Parameters>Settings: SMS Look on the Custom Attributes tab. Lots of attributes. For example, CUSTOM::TEXT:Welcome Header is set to "Welcome to IC!" by default. You should be able to change it to your company there.


  • 8.  RE: Handler information

    Posted 07-10-2017 21:37
    Originally posted by GGanahl;35466
    It sounds like your SMS is being routed as Chat (a feature). There are iWeb Strings that are automatically sent as responses in that scenario. Did you run "SendCustomNotification Set IWeb Strings" somewhere along the way when you were setting up SMS? There is also an option to set a custom attribute on the iWeb Strings settinss, I think, for SMS, which turns the auto-response off: CUSTOM::SMS OPTION:Block All Auto-Responses Otherwise you should be able to see the strings being sent in Interaction Administrator under System Configuratio>Web Services>Web Services Parameters>Settings: SMS Look on the Custom Attributes tab. Lots of attributes. For example, CUSTOM::TEXT:Welcome Header is set to "Welcome to IC!" by default. You should be able to change it to your company there.
    I don't want them blocked so I will look into the setting that I must have bypassed. Thanks! Nicole