PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Scan email body before sending

Posted 01-17-2018 18:15
    Hi, I need to scan the body of our outbound email responses to look for a Social Security Number and mask it if I find one prior to sending. ***-**-#### Has anyone done anything similar and would be willing to share what they did? Thanks! Craig.

• 2.  RE: Scan email body before sending

Posted 01-17-2018 18:26
    You could use the customization point called "CustomOutgoingQueueEmail" and perform your masking there if needed.

• 3.  RE: Scan email body before sending

Posted 02-08-2018 21:44
    This seems like such a basic question. :-) How do you replace a call attribute value? I am retrieving the "Eic_EmailBody" attribute into a sting. I successfully scan the string and replace any SSNs with ***-**-****. How do I put the updated string back into the "Eic_EmailBody" attribute? When I try a Set Attribute it does nothing. thanks!

• 4.  RE: Scan email body before sending

GENESYS
    Posted 02-08-2018 22:08
    I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that...you can't just update the attribute, bu thave to update the email itself. So, try the following sequence to see if you can get it to work: Use Email Interaction Get Message to get the cookie using Interaction1 Use Open Message By Cookie to open the email into its component parts Use Parse Email Body using GetHead(lebBody) for the email body you want to retrieve (if there is more than one body attached to the email, you may need to check how many with a loop involving GetCount(lebBody) and looping through to check each of the bodies in thelist) Use you current functionality to check for SSN in the sData variable that comes out of Parse Email Body and create a modified string Use Make Email Body to create a new email body containing the changes Create the new lebBody, containing however many bodies you need to put back (make sure if you have multiple to begin with that you build it all back up in the same order they were to start) Use Email Interaction Update Message to update the original email associated with Interaction1, using all the original variables from Open Message By Cookie, which will replace the old lebBody with the new lebBody you created. I haven't tried all of that...but I think it's the route you'll need to go.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources