PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to get a list of whomever has permissions to edit and publish handlers?

Posted 02-14-2018 17:31
    We have had some issues lately and are trying to lock this down.

• 2.  RE: How to get a list of whomever has permissions to edit and publish handlers?

Posted 02-14-2018 17:36
    The ability to publish, manage and debug Handlers is a Security setting. Unfortunately, I am not aware of a method to get a list of all objects that have a particular setting (directly or inherited) although if you find a user who has rights IA will tell you where they are inherited from. There may be an audit tool around somewhere, but if not, you could possibly write something using ICELib. Sorry to not be able to give you a better response! (Of course, as soon as I hit "send" someone else will respond telling you how to do it......)

• 3.  RE: How to get a list of whomever has permissions to edit and publish handlers?

Posted 02-14-2018 17:40
    Thanks Paul. I had the same thoughts, so was hoping someone else might have a different take on the matter. Still, confirmation is better than not knowing, so much obliged :)

• 4.  RE: How to get a list of whomever has permissions to edit and publish handlers?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-14-2018 17:51
    There's the Report Handler offering on AppFoundry: https://appfoundry.genesys.com/apps/181144#!features/System_Report_Handler @RobertWC is often willing to customize it for what you need.

• 5.  RE: How to get a list of whomever has permissions to edit and publish handlers?

Posted 02-14-2018 17:59
    Originally posted by GGanahl;36715
    There's the Report Handler offering on AppFoundry: https://appfoundry.genesys.com/apps/181144#!features/System_Report_Handler @RobertWC is often willing to customize it for what you need.
    Thanks Ganahl! Major overkill for a one off needed here tho, I think :/

• 6.  RE: How to get a list of whomever has permissions to edit and publish handlers?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-14-2018 18:10
    True...I'd probably just use Regedit.exe, go down to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Interactive Intelligence\EIC\Directory Services\Root\[SiteName]\Production path, and Ctrl-F search for publish handlers, then do the same for manage handlers. That will let you see each Role, Workgroup, and User with the rights, and do it pretty quickly since that attribute isn't there unless the Role/Workgroup/User has it assigned. (Default User will have it, but set to "No"). You could probably take more time and write a script or handler to do the same thing, if you'll want to do the search more than, say, 20 times.

• 7.  RE: How to get a list of whomever has permissions to edit and publish handlers?

Posted 02-14-2018 18:20
    Originally posted by GGanahl;36717
    True...I'd probably just use Regedit.exe, go down to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Interactive Intelligence\EIC\Directory Services\Root\[SiteName]\Production path, and Ctrl-F search for publish handlers, then do the same for manage handlers. That will let you see each Role, Workgroup, and User with the rights, and do it pretty quickly since that attribute isn't there unless the Role/Workgroup/User has it assigned. (Default User will have it, but set to "No"). You could probably take more time and write a script or handler to do the same thing, if you'll want to do the search more than, say, 20 times.
    Sweet, that is good intel - thanks!

• 8.  RE: How to get a list of whomever has permissions to edit and publish handlers?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-14-2018 18:45
    Also keep in mind that anyone who has Interaction Designer installed can edit whatever .ihd files they have access to (even if they can't publish or manage those files), so make sure you have the install folder locked down, as well as the folders where the handlers are stored. Anyone who just has Debug rights can do so from the Utilities menu - they don't need access to the .ihd files for Debug. Otherwise, there's a chance someone could open a handler, maybe just out of curiosity, change something, save it...then the next person who's doing some real work might make changes and publish, not realizing what happened. And, no, we don't have a good code management system for .ihd files to track changes and force people to check them out and back in. For anyone not already on this thread who might be tempted to ask.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources