PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Clientless direct to voicemail xfer from Polycom

Posted 11-01-2017 17:45
    Quick setup: Long story short Upper management refuses to use the Desktop client. (It is a total facepalm but I can't do anything about it.) What they are after is a transfer of a caller from the phone to the person's direct voicemail without the client and even if the end party is not on the phone and available. Pretty much the same thing as hitting xfer caller and selecting voicemail in the client. We are using the Polycom VVX410 phones which "should" have a place to configure the buttons to perform some task. However I have not been succesful adding anything custom to the Polycoms while they are managed phones. So my only approach I think is to catch a transfer to a general number such as "1111" and present the transferring party an option to send the caller to voicemail or direct to their phone. Anyone else have an experience trying to provide a transfer direct to voicemail button on a phone or similar clientless function? Thanks, Nate

• 2.  RE: Clientless direct to voicemail xfer from Polycom

GENESYS
    Posted 11-01-2017 19:14
    Hit Transfer, then dial the extension followed by a "*". e.g., Transfer then 1101*. That should go straight to voicemail. It's a feature :-).

• 3.  RE: Clientless direct to voicemail xfer from Polycom

Posted 11-01-2017 19:49
    I've been through that base handler and somehow missed this feature - nice tip!

• 4.  RE: Clientless direct to voicemail xfer from Polycom

GENESYS
    Posted 11-01-2017 20:33
    It works for direct dial as well, such as going off-hook and dialing 1101*, or dialing 1101* on the phone then hitting the Dial key. I forget when I figured that out...probably in 1.3. Handlers were simpler back then :-)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources