PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  .Net Client 'Session Actively Refused' at login

Posted 12-18-2013 17:17
    We are having a issue in our 3.0 SU15 Switchover enviroment where a user will goto login to the client and recieve a pop-up station 'Session Actively Refused from xxxxx' and the user is unable to login, where xxxxx is the name of the backup partner. I have verifed the Host field on the splash screen is the name of the current primary, verified the registry keys point to the current primary and verfied the users defaut.i3client profile has the current primary name as host. I am at a loss to explain the error message.

• 2.  RE: .Net Client 'Session Actively Refused' at login

Posted 12-18-2013 18:22
    Check out the Interaction Client log turned up to 100, but this is very likely a DNS issue. Verify that the Host A records for both CIC servers are correct in the forward lookup zone. Then look at the reverse DNS records for both servers - this is probably where the issue is.

• 3.  RE: .Net Client 'Session Actively Refused' at login

Posted 12-18-2013 19:10
    Originally posted by dcurrier;29876
    Check out the Interaction Client log turned up to 100, but this is very likely a DNS issue. Verify that the Host A records for both CIC servers are correct in the forward lookup zone. Then look at the reverse DNS records for both servers - this is probably where the issue is.
    Ok, What if any reverse DNS records should I have?

• 4.  RE: .Net Client 'Session Actively Refused' at login

Posted 12-18-2013 20:00
    Good question - I've never had to intentionally create any. I've just had a couple of instances where I found incorrect reverse DNS records that were causing issues with Interaction Client users being able to connect.

• 5.  RE: .Net Client 'Session Actively Refused' at login

Posted 12-18-2013 20:20
    Thanks! That seems to have done it, there was a static entry in one of the reverse lookup records that included our alias for our switchover partners. We removed it and have allowed for replication, it seems to be working. So far no new instances of that error have occured.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources