PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  IceLib - Managed IP Phones and Stations

Posted 07-20-2020 05:20
    Edited by James Dunn 07-20-2020 05:21
    I've been cautiously trying IceLib API this week and so far I've been able to muddle through most things. However, I've hit two problems that I can't seem to get by.

1)
    I'm trying to build a way to retrieve & export data from Administrator. There are ConfigurationLists in the Configuration namespace for Users, Workgroups, Roles, Skills etc, so I'm using these - but there doesn't seem to be one for Managed IP Phones. I wanted to be able to extract (and display) Managed IP Phone information. But, this doesn't seem to exist in the API. Am I crazy and overlooking something obvious?

2)
    Secondly, with stations, my app doesn't seem to actually put any data. I'm not sure why as using essentially the same code for users, workgroups, roles all works fine. Is there something special about stations in the API that I'm missing?

I.e. This data is meant to populate a ComboBox with a list of station IDs, but it returns nothing. If I change it to a UserConfigurationList it can pull user Ids with no problem... The session is working as I'm able to retrieve other data with it. I have rights to view (and edit) stations in Administrator.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

private void StationComboBoxGetItems(Session session)
            {
                var _configurationManager = ConfigurationManager.GetInstance(session);
                var configurationStationList = new StationConfigurationList(_configurationManager);
                var newQuerySettings = configurationStationList.CreateQuerySettings();
                newQuerySettings.SetPropertiesToRetrieve(StationConfiguration.Property.Id);
                newQuerySettings.SetRightsFilterToView();
                configurationStationList.StartCaching(newQuerySettings);

List<String> genesysStations = new List<string>();

foreach (var configurationObject in configurationStationList.GetConfigurationList())
                {
                    genesysStations.Add(configurationObject.ConfigurationId.Id);
                }
                genesysStations.Sort();

StationComboBox.ItemsSource = genesysStations;

configurationStationList.StopCaching();
            }

#Integrations

------------------------------
    James Dunn

• 2.  RE: IceLib - Managed IP Phones and Stations

Posted 09-01-2020 07:21
    Not a lot of interest in this thread but I spoke with Genesys Care.

• No API for Managed IP phones
    • Solution to returning no station configuration was to add 'View' permission for all Station Queues in Administrator (even though I could already view the stations in Administrator...)

Thanks.

James Dunn
    Pitney Bowes Inc.

• 3.  RE: IceLib - Managed IP Phones and Stations

Posted 09-01-2020 13:07
    James,

Have you looked to see if you can do what you need using ICWS?

• 4.  RE: IceLib - Managed IP Phones and Stations

Posted 02-18-2022 00:54
    Edited by Maxim Tsvetov 10-06-2022 14:57
    Indeed IceLib or ICWS for some reason were not designed to allow exporting Managed IP Phones or Stations.

1) Option 1 - you can access this information using DSEditU tool or Regedit directly from CIC server

2) Option 2 - you can create custom handler and use DS tools to export this data (basically create a loop that goes through each phone in registry). 

3) Option 3 -- powershell script that grabs this data directly from Interaction Attendant  SysListViews using WinAPI methods. 
    https://contactcenterdude.blogspot.com/2022/02/exporting-data-from-interaction.html

• 5.  RE: IceLib - Managed IP Phones and Stations

Posted 02-18-2022 10:08
    I export via DSeditu and then use CCS style sheets and parse the XML into IE and grab what i want from there and put in excel:

WG names ommitted

ryan hedlund

• 6.  RE: IceLib - Managed IP Phones and Stations

Posted 02-18-2022 10:10
      |   view attached
    Here it all is clean files.

Read the read me and you can parse DS with this if you want.

You can edit the sheets to add and remove data from DS as desired.

Note for things like WG and Roles tied to a user it only pulls the first one right now.  I never found a good way to pull all as the count differs user to user etc

ryan hedlund

Attachment(s)

zip
    IA_HTML_clean.zip   33 KB 1 version

• 7.  RE: IceLib - Managed IP Phones and Stations

Posted 02-18-2022 12:52
    There is an Option 4 - Use Interaction Migrator. The file it produces can be renamed with a ZIP extension and it will contain XML.

HTH

• 8.  RE: IceLib - Managed IP Phones and Stations

Posted 02-18-2022 13:00
    Edited by Maxim Tsvetov 02-18-2022 13:02
    Option 5 - collection of powershell scripts created by one of the Genesys employees

https://github.com/gildas/posh-ic

It uses ICWS API, you can do a lot of good things with it to automate data export / batch creation. But since it uses ICWS API - you cannot access Managed IP Phones / Stations.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources